S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Da New Guy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wasap guys got a 88 blazer 2.8L I just bought runs good no knocks tings good temps good oil pressure shift fine n the usuall low power when converter locks up... This morning I started my truck up let it idle for 20 minutes and turned the heat on, drove maybe 2 miles traffic light turns redi go to slow down and truck stalls tried to start n the only way I got it to fire up was to hold the pedal to the floor. Its tbi no mods just exhaust im ready to tune it up this weekend andi wanna fix this problem somebody help me

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
Is it throwing any codes? I had a somewhat similar issues, turned out to be a TPS. When is the last time it was tuned up? Is this issue persistant, or was that the only time that this happened?

·
Da New Guy
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No check engine light havent been tuned up in a while ima try that first...it happens once a day only in the morning

·
Should've had a V8.
1,619 Posts
It almost sounds like an extreme case of what I have going on, except when it happens to me it's when i first try starting it up.

I have newish plugs and wires, I'm going to try cleaning the TB and changing the Dizzy cap and rotor, and fuel filter to see if that helps with mine.

I'd suggest doing the tune up (can't do any harm any way) and see if that helps at all.

Maybe someone with a bit more insight than me will offer some advice too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts