S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has heard of Burkert valves or used them on their truck?

Also, does anyone have 3/8" line with 1/2" valves ?? Would this still be a "fast" setup or will the 3/8" line slow it down a lot even though the valves are big.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I'm going with 3/8" line because I can get about 60' of it (stainless steel braided) for a good price.

and I can also get the 1/2" valves.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
just FYI, not sure if you know this or not.

with stainless steel braided line, you have to crimp ends on the hose. you can't just use a compression or PTC fitting like normal airline. to crimp the hose, you need special tools. if you don't have the right tools, you will certainly **** shit up, and waste money.

just thought i'd toss that info out for you, and everybody else who wants to do stainless steel braided line.:thumbup:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if that's necessarily true for all air line though...

Could you not just cut back the stainless cover and reveal the D.O.T. line and then hook up the fittings as you normally would ?

I'm not sure I haven't seen the line yet, but if I do have to get the fittings professionally put on that's ok since the line should be bulletproof from that day on.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SS SDIME said:
how would you run stainless hardline? still have to get the ends on it somehow i just dotn know how/
It's not hardline. It's D.O.T. line covered in stainless steel braid, so it's flexible like regular line.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
02-X said:
I don't know if that's necessarily true for all air line though...

Could you not just cut back the stainless cover and reveal the D.O.T. line and then hook up the fittings as you normally would ?

I'm not sure I haven't seen the line yet, but if I do have to get the fittings professionally put on that's ok since the line should be bulletproof from that day on.
the stainless steel braided line i sell has a nylon lining, not line, inside the stainless braided part.

but yes, that stainless braided line is hella strong, and durable. i have a few lengths of it on my truck, and love it.:D

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Any self respecting NAPA auto parts store repairs and makes hydraulic hoses...You can have the ends crimped on there...but to add to this the ends for air line are also different because the thickness of the air line as opposed to hydraulic hose.....We got a roll of 3/8 line at my store, rather save my pennies and go wit 1/2" tho.....just my 2 cents....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts