S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finished wiring my truck up for my future system. At the moment I am just running a small 4 channel amp for my highs and mids. But I ran wiring for everything while I had it all apart. Well with my interior all put back together minus the seats I drove it to the local car wash to vaccuum it. On the way over I had my heater blasting so it still worked then. Well when I got back the only thing I did was hook my power wire to the battery and bolt my seats back in. After this my heater and a/c doesn't work! I thought maybe I popped the fuse but it was fine. I did not mess around under the dash after I used it so thats not the problem. Is there anything under the hood I coulda messed with without knowing? I checked and double checked and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

P.S. It's a 96 S-10 4.3 ext cab. I just have my cap, a 4 channel amp, and a cd changer hooked up. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
thats odd, it might be a long shot but my AC went out a year ago and i was like WTF took it to the dealership and there was a wire that came of the compressor that the wire cover wore lose and shorted out, that might be what happened just really wierd timing....other than that i'd be lost too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, thanks. That gives me something to check tomorrow. I put a new cable end on for my battery and maybe in my struggles I knocked it off....

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
On mine, the A/C pressure switch went bad and it killed my A/C. It's the thing on the A/C line by the battery that's got a couple wires going to it. Not sure if it affects the heat or not. Is your blower still working?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here is another interesting development in my saga: Today on the way to work everything worked fine and I didn't do a thing!! But after work it stopped working again. My dial to change from Off, to a/c, to heat, defrost, etc... thats not doing a thing. My blower does not turn on.

G

·
there is a module in your heater evap box under the hood...called a programmer......take it out and tap o it and see if it starts workign..if it does then that is your problem..hope this helps

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kenny, where is the heater evap box at? Better yet, whats it look like. I probably know what it is, just not by that name. Any more specifics would help. Thanks.

G

·
sorry that was a little miss leading....but...it is mounted on the evaporator box on the passanger side...should have one plug goin into it..maybe two...and it is a little square cut out...it is under the hood...near the relay center on the fire wall...you will see it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts