S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just finsihed the airflow sensor mod on my truck, the one where the middle bar was removed, I did not hit or mess up any of the sensors, i removed them before i began working on it, when i got it cleaned up and put it back in, my acceleration from 0-60 in really slow now and yes i did make sure all of everything was plugged in.....anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I HAVE 1 ON EBAY I AM SELLING ITS STOCK YOU MIGHT WANNA PICK IT UP THEY ARE VERY EXPENCIVE TO GET A NEW 1 HOPE THIS HELPS. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU MESSED UP THE SENCER TO ME.I HAD A FRIEND DO THE SAME THING. I GOT THIS SENCER FOR HIM BUT HE ALREADY FOUND 1 THE SAME DAY SO THATS WHY I AM SELLING THIS 1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=597031642

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can get a new one for about 25bucks here cuz i got a buddy that works at the dealership i was just wondering if maybe there was something up like the stock computer didnt know what to do with the larger airflow without being reprogrammed thanks though

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm wonder if i put the thing in backwards? lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
You didnt put it in wrong...You just cant port the MAF with the stock sensor. It is not calibrated to handle the new airflow rate. We tried this at the shop, and it made the truck run like crap. If you want a bigger MAF, youll have to get the granatelli.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wonderin about that too, guess i will either get the stock one or get a mass air its like my zero to 30 is fine once i hit 30 then its like theres no more fuel or im like missin 260 or my 262 ci's :cry: know somewhere i can get a cheap MAF?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
MachPerf97Jimmy said:
You didnt put it in wrong...You just cant port the MAF with the stock sensor. It is not calibrated to handle the new airflow rate. We tried this at the shop, and it made the truck run like crap. If you want a bigger MAF, youll have to get the granatelli.
Not true. In the case of a S/C , yes, this outflows what the stock one is designed to handle. The stock MAF can handle and airflow rate up to 650 CFM and taking out the center and screen doesnt give it more than 50 CFM difference.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i dunno i will just by a maf or the stock one, all i no is this problem happend only after i got rid on the divider and i didnt hit any sensors

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Alot of times it the intake set-up. Its not smooth enough for such. The divider is the along with the screen to reduced turbulance , and sometimes from the experiences I've had doing this mod, have had the same problems you have. Certain intakes dont like this, it screws with the vaccum created and causes a negative turbulant airflow. The only ones I have not had problems with and do show very good increases in the K&N 2 and the Volante.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well fer right now i will jst got back to stock since it wont cost hardly anything to get a new stock one thanks fer the info though

·
Registered
96 Posts
964pt3 said:

Not true. In the case of a S/C , yes, this outflows what the stock one is designed to handle. The stock MAF can handle and airflow rate up to 650 CFM and taking out the center and screen doesnt give it more than 50 CFM difference.
In the case of the of our test truck (it happened to be my own personal truck) it wasnt supercharged (and still isnt). We cut out the divider, and ported it on a lathe. I dont know how much more accurate you can get without some expensive tooling.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i got a stock one back in and reset the computer no dummy lights but still runs weird...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts