S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will SLP long tube headers on an LS1 fit into a Sonoma without killing anything with a hammer?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
eee you will more than likely have the move the steering shaft over.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
If they weren't designed specifically for the swap, then chances are, they are going to be a real tough fit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
eric0o1 said:
I heard the quality of the SLP headers suck, thats what the owner of the local speedshop says anyhow. He had some on his car, says he wouldn't wish them on anyone. Just thought I'd throw that caution out there for you.
Just out of curiosity, what shop was this? Speedtek, RPM, MMT, Speedworks? You can get Hookers or Pace Setters for ls!'s cheaper, however, since they are built for the tight area in an f-body, the steering shaft would be a problem. You can get LS1 header flanges out of the Gm performance catalog, then have a shop fab some up. Or buy some for an f-bod, then go from there with the fabbing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
eric0o1 said:
I heard that from keith and kyle at speedtek
That's cool. Just curious. I had Hookers, and their F1 cam in my 00 SS and loved it. The people I've known with SLP headers complain about lack of ground clearance. It seems all of them end up with a huge dent on the passenger side bottom.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
My brother had Mac Headers on his 99 Camaro SS. He liked them alot. They weren't long tubes, maybe those would fit better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mac's are midlength, and do work just as well as a long tube, however, a lot of people, myself included had a very annoying rasp with them. it sounded like an old truck with glasspacks from 2000-3000 rpms.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I modified a set of Hooker headers from a Camaro to install into my truck. They really don't fit well, and required a ton of changes to get them in. Mine required more mods because my truck is a 4X4, but either way it is a lot of work. I had to cut up a set of $400 headers, then have them coated after the mods. If I was doing it over, I would just have a set made for the truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts