S-10 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm still having a problem with the engine where at wot it loses a lot of power when I first bought it I threw some parts at it and it got better but didn't fix it completely.

I replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, idle air control valve, and o2 sensor but still having problems at wot any ideas
 

·
B4U Task Force Admin
Joined
·
28,994 Posts
You left out all of the pertinent info...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If you're taking about info on the blazer its a 1989 s10 blazer 2wd with a 4.3. I was told the engine was out of a 94 blazer
 

·
Been there Done it
Joined
·
11,450 Posts
Were they / are they both TBI vin Z ? Most 94 Blazers had the vin W CPI. Different motor. Have you checked the fuel pressure? What is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes they were both tpi. Not sure about the vin and I haven't checked the fuel pressure yet cuz I don't have a kit but I guess it's time to go rent or buy one.
Where is a good spot to connect the gauge to check pressure and also what is operating pressure for these?
I'll make sure to check it tomorrow and get back with y'all, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for y'alls help thus far, bit when it comes to diagnosing a problem I feel pretty useless and instead of buying more parts I turned it over to a mechanic.
The problem ended up being a minor timing adjustment along with a new fuel pump
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Now that that was out of the way next step was making it look decent and that was started by removing rust
350566

Now remember this is my first time for most of this stuff, that being said it had rust holes so I just cut it all out and "fabricated" a new piece.
350567
350568

The car was then sanded down, which took forever and did it about three or four times once with eighty grit then 180, then 320 and a quick sanding with 400.
350569

I was going to keep the roof rack but due to some frustrating and the bolts being rusted I decided to weld up the holes.
350570

Then I put two coats of primer but didn't have very good ventilation so it came out kinda sandy, so I sanded it all over with 600 grit
350571
350572
350573

And that's the final product I was trying to go for a summit white. I got my paint from tcp global its a single stage which was easy to spray but we will see how long it lasts.
 
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Top