S-10 Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
about the A/c mount
did you find a template somewhere to fab the bracket from?
what is the compressor mounted on(horizontally)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Completely custom. I will take a picture when I get home of the completed bracket.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm finally doing something to the orange truck. I'm installing new upper control arms (with new ball joints). These new ones will shave about ten pounds off the front end. It will also help the downpipe fit through the passenger side. I would love to find a cheap lower to clean things up too, but they seem a bit pricey.
IMG_20200226_203002519.jpg
IMG_20200226_203029241.jpg

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
what bushing do those use?
The Speedway G body ones are cheapest but wouldnt recommend for anything that sees over 4k a year.

I like the mount,any way of getting a tracing of the plates?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I think these are the Speedways. I found them on Craigslist for cheap. They seem to be good quality. I'm guessing the bushings are brass. I could probably make a print with measurements and post it. This has not been tested yet, but should work. I am not a machinist, so the holes may be a bit off, but worked for me. I still need to make spacers for in-between the mounts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
As I wrote on the print, I did not research EXACT measurements for the head. I drilled mine a little big so I have wiggle room and it works fine. I am using a 3 5/8 spacer in-between the plates. Let me know what you think.
IMG_20200227_191109069.jpg

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
looks good I saved it in paint,may export it to one of my CAD programs later and get it a little more accurate thanks

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
well nix that... new system learning curve is too steep
whats the width of the plate at the straight side and whats the small hole near corner?
Any dimensions for that hole?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yes, truck accessories. Top of the plate is 6 1/4" and the fourth hole will catch an ear on the water pump.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts