S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its not a big deal or anything but at idle my truck shakes a little bit. the RPMs keep at a constant 450-500. right now im part way through a tune up(4of6 plugs). im wondering if adding some seafoam into my gas might help clean the injectors. im thinking it has something to do with the gas because it sat at the lot i just bought it from for a year, so im assuming the gas broke down some.

its a 2000 with 60k miles on it, throwing no codes and i dont remember seeing pending codes when i scanned it. thanks

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
These engines are inherent shakers, at idle. Seafoam is always a good option but it might not do much of anything for the shaking.

If it's doing it more lately than usual, definitely try the basic stuff first (fresh gas) and see if it improves.

Even with fresh gas, my '96 has always had that shake. It's never gotten better or worse, and I'm at 164,000 now. Maybe when installing the Multec retrofit kit for the 96/97 CSFI system in mine I'll see if it reduces it at all but am pretty sure it'll be there forever :) That's on the docket for in the next month or so, so we'll see...

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i think ill finish my tune up today and let you know how it goes. i know wiht 99 it was pretty smooth at idle aswell as my moms 01. meh, ill figure it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My '94 SS CPI has the same shaking at 800 rpms. I changed everything from the electrical system except the ignition module and got no change. This included the coil, cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. I agree that these 4.3's are inherent shakers considering its a 350 V8 with the front two cylinders removed.

I'd like a smoother idle like my 7.3L diesel had, but its just not gonna happen.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Other than possible vacuum line problems or a leak at the manifold, I can only think of one thing. A weak cylinder because the valve is not adjusted right. Or to put it another way; adjust your preload with a compression gauge. Check all cylinders for compression and if you have a low one, back off a quarter turn on the darn thing.

To me the intake valves on these thing are a weak spot and the valve springs on the stock models are too soft anyway.

·
Registered
591 Posts
mine has had a just a little vibration sense i bought it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts