S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i slicksand over bare wood of does there need to be something on it first?

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i've done it......just sand it with 80 grit

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how did it turn out?

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
fine

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet that will save me a bunch of time, thanks toad

·
AcrophobiA CEN-CAL
1,893 Posts
Its a high build primer (Liquid filler is the way I discribe it). You can get it at any paint supply shop its made by evercoat I believe. You should have a 2.0 gun or bigger and this sh!t drys fast so watch your gun and make sure it doenst dry in the gun after you are done shooting.

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
yeah ive used it before, nice stuff... basically a sprayable body filler, great for when you want things -really- flat

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
I did a 69 Corvette, and took it down to gel coat, and put 3 coats of slicksand on it, blocked with 180 then 400, then put 2 light coats of reg primer then blocked with 500 then painted it Viper red. Then blocked the hell out of it with 1500-2000-3000 and buffed and WOW, that car is straight, owner got one hell of a job for the price he paid(i did it at the shop i worked for).

I love that stuff.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Its a high build primer (Liquid filler is the way I discribe it). You can get it at any paint supply shop its made by evercoat I believe. You should have a 2.0 gun or bigger and this sh!t drys fast so watch your gun and make sure it doenst dry in the gun after you are done shooting.
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts