S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 Blazer getting a 95 LT1 from a camaro. I am not 100% done but i have pics to share. Some are cell phone pics so there not as clear. Enjoy.

1996 2wd.

The tear out.

One of many test fits.

AC/Heater box notched with plastic and plastic welded.

Both wiring harnesses had to be joined together so both computers could run at the same time. I had many hours in this wiring harness but it beats paying $1000+ for one.

Transmission crossmember notched for true daul exhaust. I welded/boxed it in but didnt get a pic of that. I am running Flowmaster 3 chambers, stock manifolds, and 2 1/4 pipes.

Here is where I am now. I need to finish cleaning everything up a bit and touch up a few spots.

I do have more pics but didnt want to bore anyone with the small stuff. If you want a certain pic let me know i might have it.

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
definately applauds you for your install. looks damn good and almost factory with all the "normal" items under the hood. any test drives and/or problems?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Man... i have a '96 and would LOVE to do a 350 or 400 swap... my plans are when the motor blows up (pray it doesnt anytime soon, 213k on the clock!) swap in a 350.... but i despise the wiring that would have to be done..... but i like wiring, so i guess its all good lol.

looks great man!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have gave it a test drive or two and everything seems to be working. I still need to get my PCM tuned cause i deleted the EGR, EVAP, and the rear 02 sensor.

The only real problem i have is that i cant figure out why i have no bottom end. When i take off hard the truck is sluggish until it hits about 3500-4000RPM. After that it pulls really hard. I am kinda stumped on this one.

Here is a pic of the fans on the stock 4.3 radiator. Fans are off a 99 Intrepid and are run directly through the PCM. They turn on around 205-210 degrees. When i get the PCM tuned i will get them to turn on around 190.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts