S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1526 Posts

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old thread got deleted, so here is the start of the new thread.

2001 S-10 4cyl 5 spd
Traditional Bodydrop - In progress
Redo air management

Truck has been bagged for a while. Old setup consisted of a bag over axle running Airlift 2B7s in the back and Airlift 2B6s up front

All 1/2 inch line and 8 1/2 inch SMC valves

New bag setup will consist of a SuicideDoors 3 link with a one off lever
All bags will be replaced with Slam RE7s

Before pics

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brendon helping out

Firewall cuts. I cut on the seam and then up on the passenger side and did the same on the driver side... I cut above and below the seam on the driver side so that I did not have to move the mounting for the gas pedal

Driver's side floor cut 2 1/2 inches from the seam

You can see where I stopped cutting

Back wall cut

Passenger side cuts, I stopped right before where the floor juts up at the step

Firewall and floor cut on passenger side

Another view of the firewall

Firewall pic facing cab

These were trophies from last Friday evening, NickZigaits, myself, and Brendon got together and welded up the bars underneath for the cab to rest on and made the back wall cut

Welder cart I made the other day... sucked trying to carry that welder and tank around

This is my truck, literally... it is amazing how many boxes it takes to box up a truck!

This is where I finished my cut on the firewall on the passenger side

This is a pic of the back of the cab, where the back wall cut follows down to the floor... Good pic of the body mount...

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question...

Is this right? Cut at an angle towards kick panel, then cut as close to kick panel as possible?

The proposed cuts are in red...

Am I dead on?

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Sweet shit John, you got more cut than I thought you would by Friday. Shit,,,,,we'll have thing on the rockers in no time. Hell, we can maybe cut up a couple filler pieces to kick off getting it back together.

Great work. Sucks that you had to remake the thread but this is a better re-cap of events anyway.

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet shit John, you got more cut than I thought you would by Friday. Shit,,,,,we'll have thing on the rockers in no time. Hell, we can maybe cut up a couple filler pieces to kick off getting it back together.

Great work. Sucks that you had to remake the thread but this is a better re-cap of events anyway.
Nick you need to fix your avatar...

Yeah, the recap is better... at least no one has made an attempt at hijacking this thread...

Yes, we will be cutting and welding fillers in tomorrow night. Literally, there are like 8 small cuts and we are dropped. I got some fine tooth 11 inch sawzall blades to make the cut through the rear mount.

Basically all we need to do to have it on the rockers is cut the front around the bodymount, then cut the rear and it'll be on the supports.

We will be busy tomorrow evening, I guarantee it...

I'm waiting to see what Tyler (Biggerisbetter), Draggin97, and DaGreenMonster have to say... and hopefully they'll tell me I am right on my cuts.

Oh yeah, you want me to order pizza tomorrow night?

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks pretty close man, but you should go back farther towards the rear of the cab. Pretty much all the way back until you are about even with the rear door hole.

If you notice below, that is just where I stopped the cut... I planned on going to the seam where the rear deck angles up from the bottom of the floor... Basically the cut below will go about another inch further towards the rear wall which will put it even with the door opening. Then I'll make a slit toward the outside of the cab, then finish the cut across the deck and to the back wall

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there you go, just angle it back towards the inside cut. I did mine as close to the body mount as i could.
Any chance you have a really good picture of yours? From what I can see there really is no way you can avoid cutting the mount some, am I correct? As always thanks...

·
SLASH - S.I.C. St. Louis
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here you go man-

I did not want to cut any more than i had to.
ah I see... I guess I'll try to go back as much as possible, but how much is questionable... the body mounts are in a different location for an extended cab versus my regular cab! I'll get it.

As always, thanks man... these give me a great visual. We are going to drop it to the support bars tomorrow night and start filling it in.

·
stone the crow...
3,251 Posts
ah I see... I guess I'll try to go back as much as possible, but how much is questionable... the body mounts are in a different location for an extended cab versus my regular cab! I'll get it.

As always, thanks man... these give me a great visual. We are going to drop it to the support bars tomorrow night and start filling it in.

Well you are going to cut through them completly right? So there you are taking a crap load of strength out. Once the cab is dropped you will be able to see the body mounts, and there is not much of a mount attached to the area attached to the frame mount itself. Unless you take the cab off and rebuild the mounts from underneath you only have the fillers holding the cab together. As soon as i can pull my cab i am going to rebuild my mounts and weld the backside of the fillers. I guess i was just worried about the cab possibly sagging on me. You will see what i am talking about when you get it dropped. On the mounts the only difference on the cab mounts between the extended cab and regular cab is 2 mounts. So your rear mounts would be like the middle mounts on my truck. Good luck your doing great!

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
John, print those pictures above with the angled filler plates before the server crashes again and deletes them. They will be good reference for making your new ones.

1 - 20 of 1526 Posts