S-10 Forum banner

slammeddime... aid me with yo wisdom!

762 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  94badazz 
#1 ·
ok chief... here we go! i am running 5/8 line and 1/2 smc's and i wanna know what is the best way to run the line off 1/2 ports of both the tank and valves... i just wanna get the most out of my 1/2 valves and 5/8 line! im worried ill run too many fittings that i wont have to and just end up slowing it down. some quick help would be great! or you can tell me what you would do!

#2 ·
i heard somewhere that your system will only be as fast as its weakest link (smallest fitting)....leads me to believe whether you got 1 bottle neck or 5, its only gonna flow as fast as its smallest\slowest point....just what i heard though, im sure slammed will let ya know shortly....

#3 ·
You've got single port bags I'm guessing? For best performance, mount the valve assembly close to the bag, like on top of the fender well or on the firewall. Just use a T as you normally would, since you've got single port bags. That's pretty much the fastest way to set it up.

#4 ·
yeah i know about tee fittings... but im not shure as what to use for going from 1/2 threaded orifice to 5/8 line. do i get a adapter to go from 1/2 to 5/8, then just run my line with a 5/8 pipe to 5/8 line fitting? i am worried that i may run fittings that i dont need and slow it down or just make more work for myself... can someone tell me exactly what i would need for a corner and how to put it together? this way i will know how to do it the right way and save myself some stress!

#9 ·
so i can run 1/2 fittings? like tee's? so i just run the line just like i would if i was running 1/2... except for the compression fittings from pipe to line do i use adapters for these or do they make 1/2 male threads that turn into 5/8 line (the pharrel and crush ring)? cause if so! sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.