S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone welded/bolted up a skid plate on their truck so you can drag and not drag on the frame........if so can you post some pics....i really dont want to drag on my tank.........maybe those drag blocks but those only last like 10 runs....maybe i couls make them???????

B

·
0 Posts
yeah man, i bet you could make something easy, just bolt some hunk of metal up to the front somewhere, haha, duct-tape soda cans....something, those drag blocks are badass, but 60 bucks for a piece of metal that you're litereally going to destroy...on purpose...to hell with that...an idea i had for the rear was to put some big ass washers on the rear leaf hangers so they hang down, and just replace em when you grind em down, i havent actually tried it, it just seems like it may work, if you come up with something cool let me know man

·
E.M.A. Customs
266 Posts
haha yeah use soda cans... nice one dan hhahaha just go to scrap yard and get some steal blocks i guess you you run a couple of bolts through them and bolt it to the frame, you want to drill a good depth in to the block so you don't drag off the head of the bolt .. should be a pretty easy to do :thumbup:

·
mini_truck_maniac
20 Posts
drag blocks

I got a frient to make some out of some steel they are 2inches wide and four inches long, he a torch to soften the steel so they would show some fireworks at night. He said hell make you some for 20bucks with four refills.we also made brackets to bolt them to the frame. ill take a pic over the weekend send send it to you
wanna see my truck? got to photo gallery members trucks it is lime green, on second page!
.:bash:

Attachments

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is one nice truck.................yeah $20 sounds a lot more reasonable than $60 for one!!!!! if you could take a pic of them that would be great....thanks bro

·
Registered
280 Posts
low_huh? said:
that is one nice truck.................yeah $20 sounds a lot more reasonable than $60 for one!!!!! if you could take a pic of them that would be great....thanks bro
the blocks that i saw were made of titanium not steel and they had brackets and the blocks for 100 bucks for the pair

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they throw white sparks so you can see them during the day:thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
low_huh? said:
they throw white sparks so you can see them during the day:thumbup:
they throw white sparks so you can see them during the day
they throw white sparks so you can see them during the day