S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
My truck is finally getting lowered in a little less then 2 weeks (May 4) I am heading into Chicago to have my uncle help me with it and use his lift...beats laying on the ground.

I am going with a 4/5 belltech drop (2" coils, 2" spindles, 3" leafs, 2" blocks). I have heard from a few people that once it is lowered, it will not sit at the same height (drivers side to passenger side)...one side of the truck will sit higher. Have any of you ran into this? Is so what are some solutions?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
393 Posts
fetuss10 said:
The driver side will sit a bit higher but it shouldn't be like really noticiable. This is to compinsate for fat people driving.
lol

that hurt my feelings :drinkhaha

j/k

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
on mine I put 2in. spindles, 2in springs (with an extra coil hacked off) 4in. angled blocks and monoleafed. The pass. side sits up a little more than the driver too. Also I put on some Toxic Drop shocks up front with some airshocks out back so I could adjust on the go. I KNOW I KNOW, i need bags BUT seeing as how I spent $600 in 2 rim repairs and 2 new tires last month I'm having to start over on saving lol.

·
2SMOOTH
204 Posts
It is fact that ALL S-10's and blazers sit lower on one side than the other. This problem is amplified when you swap out the factory suspension components. I've had 4 trucks and they all did it, any there's about 20-30 in my area with the same problem. Keep in mind the the driver and the fuel tank on the trucks are on one side. There is a fix though, BellTech makes a polyurethane bushing for one coil spring specifically for this "defect". Call your local shop and have them look into it. If you have no luck, get back to me, I'll try to find the part ## for ya.

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
look

same drop you are talking about. the pass. side is about an inch higher but it's hard to tell. it was worse but i had the spring seated wrong. fixed that but my next fix is gonna be bags.

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
K-Man said:
There is a fix though, BellTech makes a polyurethane bushing for one coil spring specifically for this "defect". Call your local shop and have them look into it. If you have no luck, get back to me, I'll try to find the part ## for ya.
if you could hook me up with the # that would be awesome.

·
MO. boy missing St.Louis!
137 Posts
Fetuss10............

Originally posted by fetuss10
The driver side will sit a bit higher but it shouldn't be like really noticiable. This is to compinsate for fat people driving

They gonna fix you up real good in BASIC boy!!lol!!!:woah:

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
Actually its the other way around. Chevy S-10's sit 1" lower on the driver side from the Factory, you just don't notice it at stock height.

My 97 sits 1" lower on the driver side with a 4/5 drop

Left side

Right side

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
actually the driver side sits lower then the passenger....i guess it varies tho my sits about 1/4 - 1/2 inch lower on driver side so its not a prob with me.....

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
mine has a very noticeable diff. well to me anyways, its a little more than an inch lower on the drivers side, but i am checkin this week that the spring is seated right, otherwise ill hack out a little on the right coil :)

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
i had none of these probs, altho both of the wheels were minorly tucking

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yea my truck sits about .75" lower on the drivers side then the pass side and its stock height

1 - 20 of 24 Posts