S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
DAYUM bro... I've been trying to produce a website like that for our club, but I'm still stuck on the tedious html stuff LOL. Did u use some sort of flash media to make that?

Congrats on a killer intro..

Later
Mike
EC Founder

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx!
I used Flash 5 and Dreamweaver 3.

:D

What I really need is for people to tell me what they want to see on the site. What do you want a s-site site to contain. I plan on making the site very comprensive. I need suggestions for content to put up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's sweet as hell - Im guessing you know actionscript like the back of your hand, huh. I have have been trying to get that sleek look on my site, but to no avail.

One thing though - I think you should make your intro page a one frame movie and make the size 100% X 100% in the html for it. (that way it self-adjusts to any resolution) I have 800X600 and I had to scroll down quite a bit to enter.

PS - how in the hell do you make an equalizer???? I've been going to flash kit forever and could never figure it out.

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blazin

Go to the loops section of Flash Kit. When you pick a loop, you have the option of downloading the Flashtrax version of the loop. That will give you the sound file already made with the equalizer. I wish they had that when I made the data file for that eq, that's some hard ****! :D

The intor page would work just fine except that Freeservers autoadds a little HTML to my page to put up their god**** ads. I could get around it, but they'd shut me down.

Thanx for the kind words! I can't take all the credit though. I got the design idea from: 2 advanced Studios
Now that's a sweet site!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the same thing on my site - with the ads - what they don't realize is that if a flash movie and html are in the same space, the flash movie will win. In other words, they have programs to scan each page to make sure that thier code has not been deleted or changed - just leave it alone and put your movie right over it - no one will see it and you will still get credit!

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Hey,
How about "feature club of the month" or better yet "feature S-Series Club"..hehe and I have a good contender for that too.. What about visitor added links section?
I finally got Flash 5 and am finding it REAL hard to learn. I'm even attempting the tutorials and I still get lost lol. I also got Fireworks too, and it seems just as bad, but I guess I'll try and focus more since I don't have much to do right now since I'm off from work.

Later
Mike
EC Founder

·
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flash is hard to get started in. But once you get an idea of how it works, espically Action Script, you'll sail along. The hardest part is thinking of cool sites to do.

Visit www.2advanced.com
and
http://www.turtleshell.com/
for great examples.
Also try looking around on www.coolhomepages.com
and
www.flashkit.com

Flashkit is the best resource for starting out.

If you go to 2advanced, you'll notice that my site is heavily based on that one. I'm thinking of cloning turtle shell for my personal site. Don't get hooked on cloning though. It's a great way to learn how to do neat things, but I plan on doing some original stuff once I get real good with flash.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
hey,
Thanx for the links bro. I'll check them out. I wish flash was as easy as html to learn. lol But I guess what would be the point huh.

Later
EC Founder
MIke

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey S-10 - Do you have the 1,000,000 page manual for flash 5? That helped me out alot. That and posting on flash kit's boards. You will get a right answer within 30minuites of posting 9 times out of 10. If you need or want the book, I have it in PDF Format and I can send it to ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts