S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i purchased a sir michael's rollpan off ebay recently, and got it in yesterday. i go to hold it up to my truck and it is aobut an inch too long, any ideas why???

rollpan auction

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fleetside sry... yea i know that would make a difference

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
just a thought, but maybe they sent you the wrong pan. that pan looks more like the one we pu on my buddies ranger. :dunno:

do the mounting holes line up? does the curve of the pan match the curve ot the truck?

·
Registered
432 Posts
also, on mine there's a hole in the pan that goes over the hole to crank your spare tire down(whatever its called) and its not centered over the plate. that looks like a gap in the pan, not a hole, and it looks like its in the center. seems like the wrong pan to me

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
98layinframe said:
just a thought, but maybe they sent you the wrong pan. that pan looks more like the one we pu on my buddies ranger. :dunno:

do the mounting holes line up? does the curve of the pan match the curve ot the truck?
That's what I was thinking. They may have sent you a pan to a different truck.

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that implies i carry a spare lol i got AAA :-D

body contours look close(im gonna pull off the GM pan and look, its no big deal to get it cut down if i have to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a sir mikes roll pan on my 99. To crank down the spare tire i just bent a piece of steel to fit the angle of the pan so u can still crank down the spare tire. This is alot better then cranking it down with your hand.

·
Slam-I-Am Member
2,002 Posts
are the ends capped? by that I mean is there metal on each end thats bent like its braced on the end? really from the pic it doesnt look like a 2cd gen, I definatly know its not a first gen. If the ends arent capped, then some rollpans, from grant fab, fbi, alter images, can do specialities are a hair longer, so you can trim to fit, but in the case of the sir mikes products they usually have metal bent over and reshaped to help brace the roll pan and should fit with out triming. On this particualar unit, (lol, I said unit) it appears that the curviture <sp> doesnt follow the body line of the second gen s10, but there again the pic may be playin tricks on me.
good luck

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it does have the caps on the end of the "unit" (hehehe) and the curvature seems to match up, but then again i havent pulled my stocker off to double check...

:-( bad luck w/ the mods lately

·
carries a gun at work
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was talking body mods...realized that after i posted it, shoulda edited.

i'm gonna try to check it out today, thanks for the help sofar....

·
278 Posts
yeah it dosent look like the sir michales i have. mine looks like the one drps10 posted, you can see how the top has an angle like this, i think its for clearance of the tailgate...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts