S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The stickiest of the icky
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i think i have this right, will you guys check my wiring and let me know whats wrong or missing. BTW i know about all the power connections so they are not represented, just speaker connections.

When it comes to wiring up components in my dash im going to use the +&- from the stock speaker wire coming from the headunit to connect into the wires coming from the crossover correct? Also i have internal crossovers in my headunit ( Alpine 7897 ) so im putting the external ones that came with the speaker on standard -0 right? These internal x-overs are really technical though could someone please try and explain how i set them too. thanks

My next question is about my sub wiring, they are dual voice coil Jl 10w3's not w3v2's and and im not sure what ohms there rated at or should be hooked up to. My amp can run anywhere from 1.5 - 4 ohms so do i want them in parrellel or series? i have them hooked up now in Series/ Parellel.

I originally had a nice schematic in paint however its way to big to load so these questions will have to do.

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
Fat-Shit Customs said:
Ok so i think i have this right, will you guys check my wiring and let me know whats wrong or missing. BTW i know about all the power connections so they are not represented, just speaker connections.

When it comes to wiring up components in my dash im going to use the +&- from the stock speaker wire coming from the headunit to connect into the wires coming from the crossover correct?
Correct
Also i have internal crossovers in my headunit ( Alpine 7897 ) so im putting the external ones that came with the speaker on standard -0 right? These internal x-overs are really technical though could someone please try and explain how i set them too. thanks
The manual does an okay job at explaining it. Press the power button to change the slope, left and right to change frequency and the other button changes which stage (front,rear,sub) you can use the dial to change the loudness to get them all sounding equal.
My next question is about my sub wiring, they are dual voice coil Jl 10w3's not w3v2's and and im not sure what ohms there rated at or should be hooked up to. My amp can run anywhere from 1.5 - 4 ohms so do i want them in parrellel or series? i have them hooked up now in Series/ Parellel.
Probably dual 4 ohm coils
Holler back at me if you need more help :D

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts