S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me what to look for?

First gear is strong and hell all the gears are but one i hit second it seems to be really loud at first...it doesnt lag at all just loud like th eengine is reving high. And like when im going slow if i shift it into 5th and punch it it revs high and then begs...should it do that?

·
( . Y . )
1,279 Posts
maybe a rotten egg smell or the clutch doesn't grab in certain spots or maybe even tough to get in gear!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
none of that....always seems to grab good easy to get in gear, and no smells at all. Well theres a gas smell but im sure thats not the clutch lol...just the beginning of the gears it winds a little...im just going basiccly by the engine sound..

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
You're forgetting the all-important tool.... Free estimates/diagnoses from a transmission shop... Take it in, and have them tell you what's wrong... Then, you can fix it... :D This trick also works well for mysterious brake problems, alignment, etc....

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
lol, it sounds like your clutch might be slipping, but if that was the case, you'd more likely be noticing it not grabbing at certain points when you shift and try to get going, or your clutch pedal would engage pretty high up.

Caleb

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it revs a little high when i first step on it after 1st gear....but then comes back down.. Clutch feel hasnt changed and just like always if im sitting at a stop and i let the clutch out without touching the gas my truck will start going...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts