S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Ext Cap and my side view mirrors are bobbing around like big ears. They are about to fall off if I don't do something about it. Anyone else have this problem? I didn't have it on my 94 or 95.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is it just one of them or both of them? I had that problem on my 97 S10. My passenger mirror would shake so bad I couldn't see out of it. There are three bolts that connect the mirror to the door. one of them has probally broken off. Get a set of aftermarket mirrors if you want or get OEM replacements. However when I got my one replacement mirror, it was like $60, and that was with parts connections at the dealership

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's both sides with the drivers side doing the most bobbling around. I almost got the door panal off but couldn't get the window handle off. I could get one from the junkyard if I could get that handle off. I see what I can do. The reason I asked is there is an S-10 in my apartment complex that has both mirrors missing. This sucks, I'm tired of GM using faulty parts. Bad mirrors, bad alternators, bad wiper modules, bad 4L60E valve body ......

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well i supose they go with the lowest bidder!! My 97 has been pretty trouble free, I have 65xxx mi on it. The only problem I have had was the water pump recently, but it was an easy/cheap fix.

The door handle is held on by a C clip. a pair of needle nose pliars should do the trick. Just be careful not to gouge the door trim. Be careful with the plastic tabs on the door trim. If they break off it will fit like shit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts