S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a search and came up with nothing.

I recently bought a 94 SS and it's quickly becoming a project vehicle (it was originally purchased to be a winter vehicle.). I had seen a side step bed for sale and was wondering if it's the same size as my bed and if I would be able to make the swap. I'm not familiar with the differences that may occur with the two different beds, so I wasn't for sure if one was shorter than the other or if it would fit. Forgive this question if it is extremely ignorant, I'm just really new to the s10 scene and looking to learn. Thanks for any replies.

Just went out and measured the inside of the bed and it is 6' (if this helps any on whether or not the side step will work or not.)

·
I got nothing...
398 Posts
sorry to whore your thread but.....is there anything wrong with your bed now? or do you not like the fleetside-look? I've been looking for a new fleetside bed for a looooong time and come up with nothing. Lemme know if you are willing to part with it and where you are located.

Got-20z is right, both beds are the same size and utilize the same mounting points. The filler neck needs to be trimmed. Also, you are going to need a new tailgate and bumper/rollpan (but I'm sure you already knew that).

-Kevin

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it needs paint (no chips, dents or dings. Just old paint with some minor buff damage.) I really liked the look of the stepside vs. the fleet look. I also need to replace the tailgate on this one and I was just figuring that for a bit more money and a whole lot more work I could give the truck the look I like. There's a stepside bed in the area being sold for $500 and it sounded like a good idea.

If I do get around to doing this project I'll keep you in mind about my old bed. I live in MI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts