S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This problem has got to be on this site somewhere. Just can't find it. I have a 92 with both side widows falling out. there seems to be some sort of rubber, weatherstripping inside the channel from the factory. This would be the part on the inside of the door, enabling the smooth gliding up and down of the glass.

Where do I find a replacement and how does it install? I really do need to be able to roll the windows up and down? Both regulators seem fine. What is in there, what is it called and who knows the secrets?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you say it's guides, I'll get started searching some more. Yes, I would say they guide the glass up and down inside the door. One on front endge, one on back. I have one with some material that looks like black rubber still in it but the others are bare metal. Bought this old body that way. Have engine and tranny worked out. Can do body, but not at all familiar with the insides of the doors on these.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
There are phillips head screws that attach the window tracks to the door. I think their are 2 screws at the back of the door and 1 at the front of the door. If you look into the center of the track, you should be able to see them. You need to remove the glass from the door to take the tracks out. Once you remove the 3 screws holding them in and the glass, you can simply just pull them out of their channels in the door. You can find replacement tracks on the JC Whitney website, or LMC Truck website

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductBrowse/showCustom-0/makeName-Chevrolet/makeId-16/modelName-S10 Pickup/modelId-16935/year-1989/showAll-1/N-10101+200729947+1989/refId-20004480/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2008553/c-10101/p-2008553/Nty-1/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/tf-Browse/s-10101?Ntt=s10 weatherstrip

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/0019.asp

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey great and thanks. I had this odd thought that looking at JC Whitney was an idea. Used to use their stuff a lot in yee olden days? Thats when only a catalog was around. Often coulnd find exact what was needed, but then again, I really didnt have to know the part name either. Plenty of tiny pictures?

Let me understand this correctly; I remove the metal objects and run new strip all the way around window with both ends into the channel as I put them back in?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Correct, what you need are called run channels, and the guides are the plastic clips that go onto the fron and back part of the glass itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts