S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Definatly don't have your sway bar in, don't have a 2-link, and having the bags on a lever setup or canti-lever setup in the back should get you some more.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Jason's kit will do mad sides if you upgrade all the joints to the Super Pivot joints, which costs about $150 bucks, ontop of the kit.

Any 4 link will hit sides, but you will be limited to how far you can go unless you take out your rear wheelwells above the tires. And depending on how wide your rear wheels are, that will also limit you cuz the tires could hit the notch.

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
yeah no sway bar and a lever set up

i have mono leaf and i have no side to side in the back but with out the sway bar the front hits like mad

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Dj Fx said:

i have mono leaf and i have no side to side in the back but with out the sway bar the front hits like mad
Mine hits sides and thats with airshocks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currenlty have Air Arms & bags up front and monoleaf & bags in the rear. I am gonna go to some type of 3 or 4 link in the rear but didn't really have plans to do much to the front. If I take out the sway bar what kind of effects will that have on my ride? Is it gonna body roll pretty bad? Is that one of the sacrifices I should expect to make to do side to side? I was gonna put some kid of spacer in the front cause I don't start lifting the front end until I get to like 50 lbs or so, the rear gets up right away. I figured this was because there was too much space between the top and bottom of the front bags.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
How many valves do u have. To do side to side u should have 8 valves. If u have the 8 valves then the air won't transfer to each bag and will limit the body roll. Since u have a mono in the back then it will probly body roll more than with a link setup. No need for a spacer in the front thats normal. I am guessing u have 255c bags in the front and 224c bag in the back. Mine doesn't start movin till around 50-60 psi. The 224c will start movin right away because they are bigger and takes less pressure.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
How many valves do u have. To do side to side u should have 8 valves. If u have the 8 valves then the air won't transfer to each bag and will limit the body roll. Since u have a mono in the back then it will probly body roll more than with a link setup. No need for a spacer in the front thats normal. I am guessing u have 255c bags in the front and 224c bag in the back. Mine doesn't start movin till around 50-60 psi. The 224c will start movin right away because they are bigger and takes less pressure.
No. no. no.

The reason that it takes longer for the front to rise it that it requires more pressure to raise the front end of the truck versus the rear.

The front bags lift about 2/3s of the weight of the truck.

It's all simple physics.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Dj Fx said:

With the front bagged (no swaybar) and regular leafs / 3" blocks out back, I could hit sides hella good... people always thought I was bagged all around... :)

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Southern said:
No. no. no.

The reason that it takes longer for the front to rise it that it requires more pressure to raise the front end of the truck versus the rear.

The front bags lift about 2/3s of the weight of the truck.

It's all simple physics.
Well thats right and wrong. It could also depend on what size bags he has. Some people have the 255c bags in the front so they don't have to trim as much of the spring pocket and the put the bigger bags in the back 224c.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
Well thats right and wrong. It could also depend on what size bags he has. Some people have the 255c bags in the front so they don't have to trim as much of the spring pocket and the put the bigger bags in the back 224c.
It doesn't matter what size the bags are. More pressure is required to lift a heavier item. Again, this is simple physics.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Southern said:
It doesn't matter what size the bags are. More pressure is required to lift a heavier item. Again, this is simple physics.
Dude I have had both size bags in the front of mine. The larger bags are going to lift before a smaller bag. I have a v-6 in mine and the 224c bags lifted up and my driving psi was at 35. With the smaller 255c bags my ride height is 90 psi.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
Dude I have had both size bags in the front of mine. The larger bags are going to lift before a smaller bag. I have a v-6 in mine and the 224c bags lifted up and my driving psi was at 35. With the smaller 255c bags my ride height is 90 psi.
I'm not arguing that.

I'm saying that it takes more PSI to lift the front vs the rear.

Have you not read any of my posts?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I think we should just wait for lowersten to tell us what size bags he has. I just was thinking he had the smaller bags in the front and bigger bags in the back. I think we are both right.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they are 25c's, they are 1500 lb bags (They are old) all the way around. My system is manual not electric. (Old too). It works.... and with a wife and 3 kids it is gonna have to work like it does for a while. It is plumbed for each corner to work on it's own so that should eliminate body roll like you are thinking it would work with 8 valves as far as air going from bag to bag but I was wondering how much different is it going to be without the sway bar up front? I agree it will take more PSI to get the front end up due to the added weight of the engine. I guess it just seems like it could be better. When I air down it hits bottom at 50 PSI (or so) and continues to let air out after. I am gonna put a small notch in the rear this winter and like I said b4 some kind of 3 or 4 like just don't know where I am gonna mount the bags yet.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Here's my opinion. If you ditch the sway bar, you will want to get shocks up front. That will help reduce the body roll that will occur from loosing the swaybar. If you already have shocks relocated up front.. GREAT!! If you have the smaller 255c bags, then 50 is about average before the truck gets off the ground. With the 224c's however, the truck normally gets off the ground around 30, engine dependent. Which we don't know cuz ya never told us what engine you have. Either way, the 4.3 doesn't way a hell of a lot more than the 2.2, so 50-60 is about average with the smaller bag.

If you plan on upgrading to electric valves, I would say to still ditch the sway bar and add some shocks up front, and you will be happy.

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
sry to whore but do the bigger bags ride any better because they have a lower psi

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
As an airspring's pressure increases, its spring rate changes, and at lower pressures, the spring rate is better than when the bag has 150 PSI in it. So in short, yes, the ride would be better with the larger bags. But because of the softer ride, it is a very good idea to run shocks with 'em as well. Something that I have yet to do, but extremely need to do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts