S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 single cab s10 and I was thinking about geting flowmasters coming out the sides of the truck...I have heard its not good for your paint but I dunno... would it be cheaper to get it this way because they use less pipeing?

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
at a muffler shop they dont really charge that much for the pipe its the bends in the pipe the more bends the more$$ and plus idont really like the way it looks coming out the side just get a single in dual out flowmaster 40 series and put no pipe after the muffler..like a turn down. just my .02

·
3,255 Posts
It's really up to what you want.... i think exhaust coming out the side looks awesome... on your s10 since you don't have gfx like xtreme's do i don't think you'll have much of a problem with it ruining your paint unless the exhaust is mounted close to your body... where the paint is. I've been thinking about a dual exhaust setup with camaro tips on the end coming out of either side of my blazer x... but i don't think it'll be able to be done... i prob will just have to settle for a turn down or just run a 2.5" single out the back.

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
I have a side pipe on the passenger side midas and kneeces said they cant run a pipe out my side because of the gas tank on the s-10 and because of the transfer case.

·
Still waters run Deep
937 Posts
if you buy a muffler and take it to an exhaust shop to have a 2.5" exhaust made, say w/turn-downs, about how much would this run?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts