S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I have a couple posts about blazers sry bout that. But I will be gettign my license in just over 12 months. I was thinkin about a 98-99 2dr, or 4dr 4WD blazer. It also has to be an automatic. I would like to here some info about the blazers' quarter mile times, smoothness of ride and anyting about blazers. I was hoping ot also make the blazer faster. I was thinking a supercharger in a year or 2 after i buy a blazer. Until then i was thinkin exhaust. If you could give me some info on exhaugst, any upgrades, anything. Also what abotu gas mileage, and reliability. I know its a lot of questions responses are very much appreciated.

thanks

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Well 4dr blazers obviously have more room, you dont have to get out to let people in the rear seats, which is a pain let me tell you, lol, i have a 2dr and it's kinda tight gettin back there if you are kinda big, but i like the sporty look the 2drs have over the 4drs, 4drs look good though, but im guessing 4dr models are prob more expensive too! Good luck man, i have an ext cab s-10 and this blazer and i love the extra room this blazer has and like the fact that i can take more than two people somewhere, plus fold the rear seats forward, bow chicka bow wow, lol.

·
V8 Member
2,808 Posts
i just bought a 2000 4 dr jimmy, and i love it. i get about 17 mile to a gallon of gas. thats mixed 75+ hwy driving mixed with some city driving. not bad since the sticker says 15 for city. i paid 17k for my jimmy its got everythingbut the leather and only had 20k miles on it. shes quick though i havent really pounded on it yet.

just my $0.02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, I know I have a couple posts about blazers sry bout that. But I will be gettign my license in just over 12 months. I was thinkin about a 98-99 2dr, or 4dr 4WD blazer. It also has to be an automatic. I would like to here some info about the blazers' quarter mile times, smoothness of ride and anyting about blazers. I was hoping ot also make the blazer faster. I was thinking a supercharger in a year or 2 after i buy a blazer. Until then i was thinkin exhaust. If you could give me some info on exhaugst, any upgrades, anything. Also what abotu gas mileage, and reliability. I know its a lot of questions responses are very much appreciated.

thanks
I have had a blazer for 12 years now i got a 2 door first a 1993 with 75,000 miles at purchace and sold it in 2006 with 175,000 miles on it and it held up great at 22 mpg in town or interstate.... now i have a 1996 blazer 4wd 4 door and i love it its really good power and 21 mpg... the 4 door is to me much better.. and as far as souping it up u really dont need to. its allready fast enough and they will roll over in certian cituations so be careful with fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts