S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Omaha part Deux
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finaly did it and lowered the behotch.. only took a lil tinkering friday night some head banding against the wall saturday and a shit load of work sunday but its done...... for now :p
i used ZQ8 leafs, 3in blocks and 2in 4cyl coils. (in a 6cyl) it lowerd it even from front to back within a 1/8th of an inch. BIG HUGE thanks go out to logan and kimmy, (Fatboy and his wife)
yes his wife.. she kicks A$$. she was wrenchin on it right there the whole time. sothanks a bunch guys...

well here are the pics.. more to come as i progress into gettin it bagged in the somwhat near future (like this summer)

everyone needs this one im told VVVV :dunno: lol

my first grinding experience.... notice i post pics of the grinding not the part i was grinding..lol cause i suck at it haha

i dont know how i got this one but this is my roomates truck.. it will be at ITB if you go.. possibly bagged.. to go up that is.. ill let logan post the story behind this truck lol

almost tuckin although the rear was jacked up a shitload so it goes lower..

Logan and his wife kim kicking some ass

stock v.s. drop

ill get some better pics were its compared to a stock height later.. hope yall enjoy. :)

·
murse
13,200 Posts
looks real good man. rims bro rims!!lol.j/k man. got a teeny weeny bit of neg camber there dont ya? or am i just seeing things? in the first pic.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
looks good shrop, once you get your hands on a rollpan you'll be in business :tup:

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,540 Posts
add a chrome or white bumper to that and color match the piece under it and white roll pan and it would be like a whole new truck

looking good though

·
www.putfile.com/sokr2004
147 Posts
nice job...but ya im with s10fan2000, looks like ya might want to get that sucker aligned before your tires grind down too much.....unless im seein things too

·
Omaha part Deux
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to answer some posts:

rims are coming.. those are part of the theme that is becoming more and more popular.. the hot rod theme.. i have some ideas i have not seen done anywere that i will be working on.

yes there is some slight neg camber which will be getting fixed the weekend after easter when i get paid.

and a chrome bumper is in the near future also.. the valance is debatable right now.. either color matched or somthing one off. but im not sure for the time being..

a roll pan is also coming VERY soon.. in the next few weeks.

and the ride quality is imo better... i still feel the front rub the inners on hard turns and over rail road tracks i feel them hit a lil.. but otherwise smaller dips that used to make my truck jump all over are taken with ease.. i like it but just as i expected. its NOT low enough.. i plan to bag the front this summer.. hopefully by june.
then by winter (hopfully sooner) a 5link will be going in the rear.. :) :) :)

but fir now its ok with me im just glad to have "down graded" to be a with the rest of the "lowlifes" lol

but rest assured. over this next year this truck will change more than i can even imagine.

ps seated those headlights correctly, too lol... and added a big drop and destory sticker in the back window..

·
murse
13,200 Posts
i knew i wasnt seein things!! lol

·
long liver s10's!
286 Posts
Got any driveline problems with that drop? Any vibes or such at high speeds?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts