S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the deal. Mr. Acura from my other post decided to stop by around Lunchtime this afternoon. After BS'in for about 20 minutes, I started breakin his ball* about letting me have a shot at his little rocket.. The diggin' worked.. Pack up the waxin' equipment and 5 minutes later were at the Industrial park around the corner. Just over a quarter mile of fairly smooth straight pavement with a light and noone around..Smoked his sorry a** off the line, held him at rear tire for the length of the run. He says one more and we turn around and head back. Light go green, little ******* gets the jump on me and holds me at his back bumper....This becomes best 2 out of 3. Light goes and so do I..had him by 1/2 a truck till about the 1/8 mile when all of a sudden I hear him bang the limiter..LOL..Geuss I made him push too hard.. Have to say though...Those things are fast once the VTEC comes up....I held my own and thats all I wanted to do...NO BS clean and even the way it should be.... :thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey it's cool...Better than the I beat a 5.0 or I beat a Grand Prix GTP....I won one and lost one....Can't ask for more than that.. Honestly with a better driver I probably would have lost all 3....

P

·
0 Posts
Maybe

I think it is so funny when people say that they have been beating GT's since they were stock

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Van Halen calls them....Little Dreamers....LOL

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Nice! :thumbup:

Those things are pretty quick!

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was surprised at it when that VTEC came in sounded like someone pouring hot water on a cats ass...It moves...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Yeah, but in all honesty, VTEC makes me want to vomit. :barf:

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
If VTEC makes you sick you know nothing about cars or automotive engineering nor do you care about street performance. VTEC is the slickest technology that has hit the street since someone bolted a turbocharger to a car. It is so slick that every foreign auto manufacturer is making their own version of variable valve timing. The big two just can't seem to get it right (as usual.) I would love to have VTEC on my truck! Too bad that only the foreigners are in touch with the american public...kind of sad, isn't it.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
about damn time u raced that rice boy, if i was there i woulda been all over him like oprah on a honey glazed ham hehehe

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
rhenry01 said:
If VTEC makes you sick you know nothing about cars or automotive engineering nor do you care about street performance. VTEC is the slickest technology that has hit the street since someone bolted a turbocharger to a car. It is so slick that every foreign auto manufacturer is making their own version of variable valve timing. The big two just can't seem to get it right (as usual.) I would love to have VTEC on my truck! Too bad that only the foreigners are in touch with the american public...kind of sad, isn't it.
WHAT?!?

Don't tell me what I know and don't know. Why do people always have to assume sh!t? I said I didn't like VTEC, did I say anything about variable valve timing in general? I realize variable valve timing is pretty cool and all but I wouldn't exactly say that it's God's gift to cars.

My gripe is with the whole Honda enthrallment with "VTEC". Every riceboy's gotta have it. VTEC this, VTEC that. "You can't f*ck with VTEC powaz", "VTEC f*ckin owns joo", "I lost the race cuz I didn't have my VTEC on." Every Honda I see has bigass VTEC emblazoned all over the side. Hell, just the sticker adds 50hp. Quite frankly, I'm sick of it and it makes me want to vomit. Piss on VTEC.

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Nice kill(s!) redxblaze--- Good to hear you went best of 3, and amen to the VTEC power, in the right engine it's impressive... I also agree with Zy, too many slow hondas with VTEC stickers is frustrating, but would I buy it, probably. :D

As far as killing GT's and stuff I only post that when I feel like it, there are many GT's that I SMOKE even before I put ANY mods on this 4x4 S-10 I have, it doesn't really matter green, red, yellow, etc, I kill them all!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Hey it's cool...Better than the I beat a 5.0 or I beat a Grand Prix GTP....I won one and lost one....Can't ask for more than that.. Honestly with a better driver I probably would have lost all 3....

Are those grand prixGTPs very fast? My grandma is wanting to get a Grand Prix so I might have to try to talk her into getting one. She has a Grand Am GT now, so I might have a chance.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For their size, yeah they move. Would think twice about running one with my truck. You really need to get a jump on them. they start building boost they move...

·
Registered
317 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Ok, heres the deal. Mr. Acura from my other post decided to stop by around Lunchtime this afternoon. After BS'in for about 20 minutes, I started breakin his ball* about letting me have a shot at his little rocket.. The diggin' worked.. Pack up the waxin' equipment and 5 minutes later were at the Industrial park around the corner. Just over a quarter mile of fairly smooth straight pavement with a light and noone around..Smoked his sorry a** off the line, held him at rear tire for the length of the run. He says one more and we turn around and head back. Light go green, little ******* gets the jump on me and holds me at his back bumper....This becomes best 2 out of 3. Light goes and so do I..had him by 1/2 a truck till about the 1/8 mile when all of a sudden I hear him bang the limiter..LOL..Geuss I made him push too hard.. Have to say though...Those things are fast once the VTEC comes up....I held my own and thats all I wanted to do...NO BS clean and even the way it should be.... :thumbup:

i wish i could post that bs meter you gave me, because i remember you telling me u ran high 15's with the same mods you have now, and i just looked up 3 different sources that say the rsx does 14.8 at 95!!!!!!! much much faster then your truck. and there's no way he lost a second in driver error. i'm just gonna go ahead and give you the flag...... :bs:
unless you have a non photoshoped time slip to show me of you running anything close to that!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts