S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy i know has a 88 s-10 with a 2.5l. Its just a parts truck it runs fine and he said he would sell me the motor, tranny, drive shaft, and rear end for $100 bucks it just needs a clutch. Does this sound like a good deal? I think it is even if it doesnt run because i could rebuild the motor and drop it in my truck and have the tranny rebuilt and pretty much have a whole new truck well kinda. Or should i just save up and do a 350 swap? I can get a 79 350 motor out of a camaro with a rv cam and a turbo 350 tranny for $350 running. What would be better in the long run and cheaper to put in? Ohh I will be doing all my own work so its just parts and time.

Thanks,
Wil

·
Aftermath (Canuck side)
346 Posts
Hey Wil,
Depends on how you drive and what you want in your truck. I'd love to have an 8, but theres no way I could feed it. What kind of use to you have for your truck? How much do you drive it? If you are going to throw an 8 in it just think how much it will be on gas. Pro- wouldnt have to push your 4bnger so hard, Con- gas, Con- emissions if you have those where you live..

The diff's comin out of another S10? You might want to change that... It'll last so long with the 8, then it will poop out out on you. If the truck you have now is computerized, and throttle body then you have to rip out its inards.. Just have it carbed. Then again if you dont have emissions then that shouldnt really matter. Are you buyin the 88 as a full truck, or just going to pick apart whats in it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just gonna buy the 4cly and stuff. Im not gettin the whole truck so yeah, but im gonna get the pas. side door and the drivers side miror for the door. Im gonna get the turn signal bar and maybe somthing else. I got porsche bucket seats im puttin in soon too so its gonna be sick. Well yeah.

Peace,
Wil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts