S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get the bezel that goes around the gauges and paint it red like the rest or get the white reverse gauges?..............also, should i try to paint the grill that is over the speakers in the door?

(sorry bout the quality.....i got some great pix of the 2/3 drop developed too, but my scanner is bout to go to the sh!ts)

Attachments

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
I say get the white gauges, and paint the grilles red!

Greg G.

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
You've painted all the same stuff as me. I'm also considering painting the grilles up front too, I'm probably going to do it this weekend. You should also paint the defroster vent up front on your dash too. I would paint the bezel red cuz then it will match everything else!

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
skaling said:
You've painted all the same stuff as me. I'm also considering painting the grilles up front too, I'm probably going to do it this weekend. You should also paint the defroster vent up front on your dash too. I would paint the bezel red cuz then it will match everything else!
i've tried to get that defroster out but it was a b!tch so i just left it.......can someone tell me how easy it is to pull the panel off to get to the back side of the grill

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
yes you should it'll look sweet. i used a flathead to get the defroster vent off. its really in there but i'll pop right out. i just painted mine last weekend.

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I'm also thinking about painting all the dials for the heating controls, but they are different type of plastic(softer). Does anyone have any idea on how to remove them and what would work good to paint them?

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
skaling said:
I'm also thinking about painting all the dials for the heating controls, but they are different type of plastic(softer). Does anyone have any idea on how to remove them and what would work good to paint them?

Hmm, not sure about this one. I wouldnt use your ordinary rattle-can paint for these. The paint doesnt have enough flex to be used on that kind of softer plastic. I'd leave them alone unless you want paint flaking and cracking.

Greg G.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
There are products manufactured for vinyl both hard and soft that consist of a cleaner, prep, primer and color coat. Honestly, you kick yourself in the AS* for doing them. Doesnt last all that long on high use pieces. Leave them alone or buy yourself some billet pieces and have them anodized.. Only other alternative is to clean them really well, wipe them down with alcohol, and dip them in plastidip. comes in red, blue, green, yellow and black. dip them far enough so that a lip of the stuff forms on the backside. Will keep it from pulling off. They will look real smooth but at least the color will change. Also a very durable finish...

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Nobody said you couldn't do it. Your question was how and if. Ask him how long he's had it that way, what type of paint did he use etc. The best answers come from those that have done it. I personally have seen vinyl paint chip and crack after 6 months but thats just me.. Good Luck with it.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
PS Lose the cap. truck is really tight without it. lol

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
PS Lose the cap. truck is really tight without it. lol
Its only on during the winter. The first hint of summer I see it comes off!! Same with the wheels I have the stockers on during the winter too. WINTER SUCKS!!!!

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well....i got the grilles and the defroster part painted today.....looks hella good too.....i think i'll get the bezel that goes around the gauges and paint it instead of gettin some other gauges....late

1 - 16 of 16 Posts