S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, I dont know if this is a good idea or not, but would tweed make a good material for carpet? I dont know if anyone has done it or not, thats why I am asking. I will more then likely go with a carpet material for my carpet, but if tweed holds up good and is strong, I might just use it.

Also, is tweeding your seats a good idea? I was going to tweed my stock seats, but I might buy some racing seats or what-not and might tweed them. Think that would be a good idea?

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
:stupid: if you're gonna drive it onto a trailer then off you could, but i wouldnt do it on a daily driver, its too thin. i doubt it would work well on the seats either, probably rip or sumn

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanx. My friend suggested it, thats why I asked. I figured it wouldn't be able to hold up to well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not on the seats??? Tweed is an upholstery material made for things such as seats, but not the floor. Stick with a good quality carpet for the floor if you plan on driving it at all.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I think I am going to tweed the seats and just get new carpet to match my tweed. Now the hard part is, what color carpet to get. Most of my tweed is going to be a dark blue, but certain things (if you look at my pic of the door panels) will be a silverish blue. I guess I will do the carpet last and get the color that looks best.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
dude i tweeded my seats and my floorboard, the trick to the floorboard it tweed over the factory carpet whre it is thick,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts