S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ol' Sparky
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question. I am in the process of bagging my truck right now. I currently have 2" drop spindles. My set up in the front is going to be SD lowers, stock uppers, 2B6 bags, and 3" upper cups. My tire size is 245-45-17. Should I switch back to my stock spindles or stick with the bell tech ones? What are the advantages of one over the other? I appreciate any input in this matter, for am am about a 1/4 of the way done with the rear and hope to start on the front soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Doy uo want alot of negative camber or not

·
get laid/commit suicide
3,219 Posts
stock spindles=more cutting=harder to do=more lift=very sexy
drop spindles=less cutting=easier to do=less lift=not as sexy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ahhhhhh camber....where art thou oh camber? Bad ass, yet the villanous black plague...thine makeoth tires cringe....anyway...

My buddies BD ranger on 20's...he couldn't take the lowered beams anymore. Tires would last a summer though...but we ditched the beams and switched the bags to a custom tubular setup...it'd make Jody Hall proud!

Too bad he sold that ride...don't know what ever became of it?

·
Ol' Sparky
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey PRIME do u got any pics of ur truck sorry to get off topic here but im interested in ur tire size and oh yea im keeping my stock spindles

No prob. Here are a couple of pics of it. They are not the greatest, they went a little funny when they were resized. My good pics are on my other PC which is down right now waiting on parts to come in. I will post up some better ones soon once I get the truck done, I have the RG done, now the front. :cool: I decided to use the 2" ones for now. Now some pics.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I rock lowered spindles with bags. Also have tubular upper/lower control arms also. No uneven tire wear here.But than again, having pressure gauges and knowing where to ride helps that out.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Take it to an alignment shop . Let them dial it in. They had to add some to mine.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I rock lowered spindles with bags. Also have tubular upper/lower control arms also. No uneven tire wear here.But than again, having pressure gauges and knowing where to ride helps that out.
totally agree with that! as long as u know what pressure to ride on u should have very little to no uneven wear!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Unless your bodydropped you should be fine with the drop spindles, and its a lot less cutting to get the skid plate to lay. I went back to stock spindles because my tires were hitting the fender lip when i dropped it so i used the negative camber to my advantage.

·
Ol' Sparky
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
1 - 18 of 18 Posts