S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
yea machs kits usually put down about 300 RWhp. at least im pretty sure, lotta guys are swearing by them

·
Registered
98 Posts
im gonna go with a turbo on auto 4.3..i just need to get the 4,000 dollars that it costs from Mach.

·
Registered
98 Posts
opps i meant super nopt turbo

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
S/C will be better for a 4.3. With a high compression ratio (10-11?) you will not be able to run high boost settings. Maybe about 6-7 psi with a turbo.

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
TURBO!!!! Fit it with a BOV and a boost controller, your truck will cruise. Set up a palm pilot on your dash hooked to your trucks' computer, change the settings on the fly, (okay sorry I'm sold on turbos now that I've seen a '93 talon go 11.91 at 115 mph with a single turbo and a boost controller.. he was running at 22lbs of boost though)

·
Aviation Ordnanceman
201 Posts
Theres a HUGE difference in the V6 in a S-10 and a 4g63 motor in a Talon. DSM's have 7.5:1 compression (8.5 on the 2g's) SO you can bump the boost up to 22 even up to 25. You CANT do that in the V6 with high compression. You'll wind up blowing up the motor. You cant just slap a turbo on and go. Takes tuning and patience. How much CFM does the turbo flow @ 1 Bar (14.5 PSI).
A turbo bolted to a V6 with high compression will spool fast as hell, BUT what would be the point if you can't use the turbo in its effiency range. Most turbo's ranges are from 12-25 psi. Anyting over 8 Psi in a High compression motor and you will run into problems

I just sold my 96 Talon TSi AWD. I was only running mid 13's though

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
noted, that's why I can't do anything as far as the turbo goes. It sounds like you know what you're talking about with the turbos, if I have any questions I know where to refer them :D

I'm having it done professionally, eventually. $4000-$5000 to put a intercooled twin turbo on, rebuild the whole engine, replace everything pretty much, and completely tune it.... These people know what they're doing, they've rebuilt 3 syclone 4.3's, plus a typhoon that'll run high 10's now with the massive turbo they put on it (i'm not sure the model number........) Thanks for the input though :thumbup:

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
:werd: Me too...!!..... Actually I hear the VIII's are coming out in japan soon, then USA in spring '04..... Might have to wait for them--- hopefully they'll have a 6 speed... and by then should have the truck finished up... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.