S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup kids, im new to the site and had a very important question. i have an oppurtunity to buy a 1986 s10. the body has had better days, the bed is dented completely dented in on one side and the front end sustained hitting a deer about a month ago. the guy selling it is someone im friends with and i know it runs great. he said it had a 2.3 four banger but i didn't know if thats true. its got brand new tires and rally wheels with a sunroof (leaks) and a five speed. i have always loved s10's, just never bought one. he wants $700. so now that im done blabbering, should i or shouldn't i?????

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
ok the 4 banger should be a 2.5 not a 2.3 as for the damage id really have to see pics of how bad it is, but i did pay $1000 for mine with a wrecked front end though it is newer then that truck. if the damage isnt real bad it might be worth it, if it is bad you could spend as much as $2000 or so to fix it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, the damage is bad on the bed, as for the front, not bad, just need a grill, maybe a hood. i can get a bed for around 500, thanks for the reply

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you really shop the junk yards you can find a bed for less. i got lucky and got one for 80.00 from a local yard but it took a while to find

·
2SMOOTH
204 Posts
:stickpoke <---- See this guy over here? It you've got a stick longer than his, then stay away from it about that far dude, or purchase yourself a 10 foot pole, which ever is longer. If you REALLY love S-10's then you should hold on to your cash a little longer, believe me when I say this, I better deal will come along. If anything, I'd offer the guy $150.00 for it as a parts truck.

P

·
0 Posts
Thats what we did with mine
The guy asked $4600 for it we looked at it saw that it was in good shape and went back with $3600 cash and said take it or leave it

He took it

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
phat96 said:
Go in there with 500 and say take it or leave it
He will take it
what he said^

these things are plentiful so you can probably find something better for a good price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I own an 86 s10,and with the damage that you said that that one had, i dont know, go look it up in a bluebook, like kelly's and find out how much it is worth and then subtract the amount of damage that was done to it....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts