S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 S10 Blazer with a 4.3 with 180,000 miles. I would like to customize my Blazer, but I don't want to do anything to it, and then have the motor give out. Also, the frame is rusted and the previous owner covered it with Ziebart to hide the rust (idiot). What should I do, get rid of my Blazer and get a better one, or keep this?

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
the big thing with customizing things is you take a piece of shit and make it nice and the crappier it is the sense of accomplishment is greater. but a rusted frame is a big problem...if you can even fix that it'll cost big $$. if you're really gonna get into this you could get a frame from about the same year blazer and switch it out(i think). in my opinion the chevy engines pretty much all of them can run forever. but if you're so worried about it you could also get a newer 4.3 or hell maybe an ls1 or lt4 for a junk yard. i hope you know how to weld some or else you mite as well get something newer or teach yourself its really not that hard i pretty much self taught welding to myself. what ever you do this is suppose to be fun dont take it too serious. you know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts