S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
SHENANIGANS!!!
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will make this as short as possible.

Went out boozing, girlfriend pulled over to barf.

After barfing cops arrived. I identified myself as the driver thinking I might pass.

Horribly failed field sobriety, told to take breathalyzer.

Girlfriend told cop she was driving so I wouldn't get DUI. (Not good for my work, would get fired).

Girlfriend fails and gets arrested. I then get arrested for "obstruction of justice" for saying I was driving.

Now I know I shouldn't have done that but I was only trying to cover for my girl. The damn cop got his DUI arrest, did he really need to take me in for that shit? So with both of us in jail it took forever to get ahold of someone to bail us out. Her family sprung her early the next morning, I got to go to gen pop until the next day as they decided not to issue my a bail amount for awhile. ****ing dicks...Girl stuck by me though and was there to bail me otu as soon as they came up with an amount. And thats why I married her.

Sidenote.

DUI bail amount: $300.00.

Obstruction of Justice bail amount: $1,500.00.

There wasn't even an altercation between me and the officer. Wheres the justice in that?

Rant complete.

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
Dude no, you're way smarter than this.

You lied to the cop man. But don't worry, what difference there is in the bail amounts will be made up easily by the cost overall of the DUI.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
be prepared to get your ass flamed on this site for this as they think it just so bad yet they have dont it lol republicans wanna get super tuff on dui yet the president has one funny shit . anyway be prepared for 24 to 106 hours of classes and a big ass fine what was your bac

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got a DUI while I was going through my divorce two years ago. I got my first on 13 years ago. Man I don't know how it is around your parts, but things have changed here in Ohio. They put a yellow colored license plate on my truck. Ohio plates are not yellow, so you really stick out. I got sentenced to 180 days, 170 suspended. Spent 10 in jail. I had an ankle bracelet on for two months. I had a breathalyzer ignition interlock on for 1.5 years, ordered for 2 years, but I went back to court and asked twice to have it removed. It was finally granted. I am on probation until September 2008.
GET THIS:
I was nailed for SLEEPING IN MY VEHICLE IN THE PARKING LOT OF THE BAR THAT I WAS DRINKING AT. Thinking I was doing the right thing... NOPE!!! If your hammered and the keys are ANYWHERE in the vehicle, including the trunk, it is DUI time. I tried fighting this in court, but I just ended up wasting money.
In the end, alcohol and cars dont mix. If the judge has a low tolerance, you'll pay. Good luck to your girlfriend and to you man.. btw, how did the peircing go?

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
I didn't drive or blow. Check the thread people.
I'm surprised you went about it the way you did - my buddy keeps his military ID on him and has managed to get out of half a dozen speeding tickets with it; I figured you'd be able to fenegle the same deal or something to that effect.

If it's one thing we've learned from all the episodes of Cops and my personal experience - Cops HATE being lied to.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Damn that sucks but wasn't too smart lying, luckily you won't lose your job though.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
NOPE!!! If your hammered and the keys are ANYWHERE in the vehicle,
thats some shit right there....here if you have the keys in the ignition its a dui but if they arent your fine. That is some crap...what are you suppose to do? just leave the keys outside that some stupid crap

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
thats some shit right there....here if you have the keys in the ignition its a dui but if they arent your fine. That is some crap...what are you suppose to do? just leave the keys outside that some stupid crap
Slip your keyring onto your windshield wiper, heh.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
I will make this as short as possible.

Went out boozing, girlfriend pulled over to barf.

After barfing cops arrived. I identified myself as the driver thinking I might pass.

Horribly failed field sobriety, told to take breathalyzer.

Girlfriend told cop she was driving so I wouldn't get DUI. (Not good for my work, would get fired).

Girlfriend fails and gets arrested. I then get arrested for "obstruction of justice" for saying I was driving.

Now I know I shouldn't have done that but I was only trying to cover for my girl. The damn cop got his DUI arrest, did he really need to take me in for that shit? So with both of us in jail it took forever to get ahold of someone to bail us out. Her family sprung her early the next morning, I got to go to gen pop until the next day as they decided not to issue my a bail amount for awhile. ****ing dicks...Girl stuck by me though and was there to bail me otu as soon as they came up with an amount. And thats why I married her.

Sidenote.

DUI bail amount: $300.00.

Obstruction of Justice bail amount: $1,500.00.

There wasn't even an altercation between me and the officer. Wheres the justice in that?

Rant complete.
In the Navy, You're not f-ing lying there. Navy has a zero tollerance for that shit now a days. Actually, since like 8-9 years ago. They don't even ask questions, they start admin sepping you're ass almost immediately..............of course, after you've gone to captians mast.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i always knew the army recruiters were liers...

but yea she will have alot more costs and bs to go throuh than you.. so you will find out your fine is actually a hell of a lot cheaper than hers... and u can keep your job

·
AlaBAMA Fawker
1,612 Posts
Your situation is all too familiar to me projo198. My boyfriend was driving us back home from a bar last weekend and we were pulled over by the police for doing 45 in a 40 M.P.H. zone. The police officer asked my boyfriend if he had been drinking and my boyfriend honestly answered, "Yes". (2) other police officers pulled up shortly after that and my boyfriend was asked to step out of the vehicle to do a field sobriety test. I was then asked to step out of the vehicle as well to do a field sobriety test. I obviously passed my field sbriety test because I had only had (1) beer earlier in the night at the bar. The police officer put my boyfriend in handcuffs and put him in the back of the police car. The police officer politely told me that my boyfriend was being taken to the police station, bond would be posted, he could call me shortly and that I could drive his truck home so that it wouldn't be towed away and impounded. My boyfriend's alcohol level was only (1) point over the legal drinking limit. My boyfriend's Dad paid for his $1,000 bond the next morning which was almost 9 hours later. My boyfriend's court date is scheduled for August 14th and he has been suggested by the police station to have a lawyer present to support his case so that his license will not be suspended for 90 days. My boyfriend is meeting with his lawyer today.
We are all hoping since that this is my boyfriend's first time offense that the judge will go easy on him and sentence him to take D.U.I. related classes and refund his bond to him.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Serves you right, to bad you two didn't get in more trouble :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Dangerous
5,658 Posts
Your situation is all too familiar to me projo198. My boyfriend was driving us back home from a bar last weekend and we were pulled over by the police for doing 45 in a 40 M.P.H. zone. The police officer asked my boyfriend if he had been drinking and my boyfriend honestly answered, "Yes". (2) other police officers pulled up shortly after that and my boyfriend was asked to step out of the vehicle to do a field sobriety test. I was then asked to step out of the vehicle as well to do a field sobriety test. I obviously passed my field sbriety test because I had only had (1) beer earlier in the night at the bar. The police officer put my boyfriend in handcuffs and put him in the back of the police car. The police officer politely told me that my boyfriend was being taken to the police station, bond would be posted, he could call me shortly and that I could drive his truck home so that it wouldn't be towed away and impounded. My boyfriend's alcohol level was only (1) point over the legal drinking limit. My boyfriend's Dad paid for his $1,000 bond the next morning which was almost 9 hours later. My boyfriend's court date is scheduled for August 14th and he has been suggested by the police station to have a lawyer present to support his case so that his license will not be suspended for 90 days. My boyfriend is meeting with his lawyer today.
We are all hoping since that this is my boyfriend's first time offense that the judge will go easy on him and sentence him to take D.U.I. related classes and refund his bond to him.
It sounds like typical bullshit. I went throught the exact same situation. I look at it as a lesson learned. Never tell an officer the fvcking truth. I got pulled over and admitted to having a couple. The next thing I knew I was in hand cuffs and on the floor. It took 35 mins for someone to show up for a breathe analyzer test thingy. I then blew LESS then the legal limit but was still taken to jail. I was so pissed you could not imagine what was running through my mind. I never posted bail. I decided it was in my best interest sit in in the jail cell as long as they wanted so when I had to go to court the my jail time would account towards my punishment.

When my court date came it pretty much got thrown out. They tried getting me for a wet and wreckless but my public defender did a good job of getting me out of it.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
be prepared to get your ass flamed on this site for this as they think it just so bad yet they have dont it lol republicans wanna get super tuff on dui yet the president has one funny shit . anyway be prepared for 24 to 106 hours of classes and a big ass fine what was your bac
When did he come back?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
i dont have any remorse for someone that drinks and drives. I dont care if you 1 point of the legal limit...you are still the dumbass that is drinkin and driving. You are putting you, your passengers, and other drivers in risk.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts