S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a daily driver and i need to figure out if i should get bags or not. i was goin to drop it then put 18's on it but i just love the bagged look. i will start hauling around an aluminum 3 place atv trailer for my quad and bike. what do i have to do if i bag the truck?(fuel cell, other misc stuff) i'm pretty much clueless about bags so i need to know what has to be done if i can even bag it.

thanks guys
dave

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
u dont nessicasrly have to have a fuel cell, but i have a bagged daily and once u work out all the kinks its great. but if u have a s10 with a 2.2, stay away from towing lol.

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
definatly good, ya if u bag it ur self (highly recommended) than u can know how to fix things and exactly were its all at. if u went with a good 4,5, or 6 link it would be good with towing. a buddy i know has a bagged s10 with a 5 link and tows his quads from wichta kansas to wynoka oklahoma several times every summer. if the truck is built right it can handle more of a load than stock trucks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone have pictures of a bagged dime on 18's? i want to get some boss 304's or even some zq8 16's but i'm aiming for the 18's right now

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
first off just search and read up, mostly this site and baggin it.com. Learn the lingo and what not. Next I would say find someone who has already accomplished what you wish to accomplish, that way you bascially have a replica to build off of. Im gonna bag my X and ive found about 2-3 guys who have done the same thing so im gettin all their input and so far its gone great. After you figure out your desired setup you will be able to ask specific questions about it and gettin that certain desired look.

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
ya planning and preperation is the key to not running into problems. ACE summed it up pretty good

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
ya planning and preperation is the key to not running into problems. ACE summed it up pretty good
:werd: planning and preperation are the most important things. And ive also started my own list on what Its gonna take to get done what I want. Everytime I think of somethin new or whatever, i just write it down that way ive covered every aspect.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
just find your area in the regional forums and post up your lookin for help, im sure you will get atleast one or two interests.

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
I'm bagged, daily, fuel cell and layin on 20's. It's great. :tup:

·
resident bmx prick
444 Posts
sorry to jack the post, anyone wanna give me some info on how fuel cells work? hah, no one around here runs theres off a cell...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm looking at 5 links on suicidedoors.com and whats the difference between poly bushings and super pivots? any other places i could get 5 link cheaper?

thanks

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
drmisherre said:
hows the ride quality of the bags compared to the stock ride or a nice/desent set of shocks?
In my opinion, with bags the front rides better and the rear rides worse.
If a truck's ride was "average" to begin with, I would say the front gets softer but smoother and the back gets more stiff, almost ridgid unless you find that zone where you're just right. Then again I have bag over axle so someone with bags on the bars may have a better opinion of the ride in the rear.

Personally my vote would be for a good drop and some rims instead of bags, but now people will probably ostracise me for saying that because I've come to learn that if you suggest a static drop on this forum instead of airbags people tend to think you're a freak or something.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wouldnt mind getting a drop. there alot cheaper also but the reason why i'm looking to get bags is because when i get to the track, i can lift the truck to get over bumps as with a drop i cant do that.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Naw NCarolineS10 makes a good point. A nice drop and set of rims on a daily or something are an excellent choice, which is what I have done for the past year now. But I have opted for the bags in the front cause its my senior summer, im going to start goin to shows and their just plain cool all in all its just whatever you want to fit your needs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts