S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i be abel to make a 2.2 or a 4.3 faster, im guessing a 4.3 but the 2.2 seems really popular and fast also. i was thinking about a 5 speed. whats ur though

thanks

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
4.3 - the 2.2 is NOT fast. what years are you looking at? the cpi 4.3 is the fastest stock engine, but harder to find parts and bolt-ons for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, well i have never drove a 2.2 but i thought they seemed popular, so i figure that there must be something special about them,lol. i dont think that i would every buy a truck or car with a 4 banner unless it was turbo'd. i was thinking about something cheap and use with under 100k, and i would fix her up.......

thanks

·
32,805 Posts
89s-10-tazer said:
thanks guys, well i have never drove a 2.2 but i thought they seemed popular, so i figure that there must be something special about them,lol
They're only popular because they're cheap. But just about every 2.2 owner would rather have gotten a 4.3 instead.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
96blazer said:
They're only popular because they're cheap. But just about every 2.2 owner would rather have gotten a 4.3 instead.
how are 4.3's on gas? i know with my 2.2 that i had in my truck i used to get like 400 miles a tank

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i get about 260 before i have to fill up (1/8 tank left) but thats a ZR2 with mud terrain tires and the cpi engine

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
deff get a 4.3 5 speed...i have an automatic but its all good

dont be a speed racer every day though it will suck up your gas man

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
4.3 Auto for racing.

·
no more S10...
501 Posts
DropindaS-Mini said:
how are 4.3's on gas? i know with my 2.2 that i had in my truck i used to get like 400 miles a tank
I got about 18mpg, all city driving, after an intake, exhaust, Hypertech programmer, CFM Tech TB blade, and MSD Ignition. My mileage actually went up after all my mods... it was 16mpg when I was stock.

Get a 4.3... you will hate yourself if you get a 2.2... the 4.3 is slow enough stock. Never realized how much of a difference my mods made until I took them out. Damn its slow.

·
Registered
212 Posts
When i was buying my 4.3 x the dealership tried to get me to buy a 2.2 5 speed that was caution yellow, so i humored him and test drove it. You could fry the tires powershifting into 2nd but once i got on the highway i was totally turned off by this turd of a truck. I swear as hard as i tried i couldnt get that thing above 70 mph. I will never own a 4 banger truck, with the lack of power they have they dont even get that much better mileage because they are gear so low.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts