S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a cheap and RELIABLE daily driver. My dad owns a car dealer and just got a 90 2 door, 4.3 auto, with 176,000 and I can get it for about $700-800. The body is straight, but paint is faded, but I can get it painted really cheap, just a little over the cost of materials. The engine is smoking blue a little, its gonna get checked out by the mechanic. If the engine is bad, about how much would a used one cost? Trans and suspension seem to be fine. Interior is average, gotta fix headliner (cheap) and get some seat covers. So if I had to change the engine I think it would come out to about $1500 for the truck with new paint. Is this a good deal?

Anyone here have one with this many miles? What else should I look for that could be bad? Thanks, Rob.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
MRBAD SS said:
I'm looking for a cheap and RELIABLE daily driver. My dad owns a car dealer and just got a 90 2 door, 4.3 auto, with 176,000 and I can get it for about $700-800. The body is straight, but paint is faded, but I can get it painted really cheap, just a little over the cost of materials. The engine is smoking blue a little, its gonna get checked out by the mechanic. If the engine is bad, about how much would a used one cost? Trans and suspension seem to be fine. Interior is average, gotta fix headliner (cheap) and get some seat covers. So if I had to change the engine I think it would come out to about $1500 for the truck with new paint. Is this a good deal?

Anyone here have one with this many miles? What else should I look for that could be bad? Thanks, Rob.
I'd say thats a good deal. The smoke thing is normal after its been sitting for a bit and ya start it up. Its valve stem seals nothing major. I would say go for it even if the motor isnt in great shape you could always drop annother one in for a decent price or go with a v8 conversion.

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Dude, if you can drive it off the lot, buy it. It's getting harder and harder to find first gen blazers in good shape. Most of the people i know actually use them to...ech..haul stuff...almost like a...truck:cry: If you can pick it up for 1500 with fresh paint, and it's in good shape, do it. I wont tell you how much I paid for mine, but it was a helluva lot more than that:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts