S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a very big decision coming up for this winter and i'm about out of time to decide. I am definetly doing the body work to my truck, but I can't decide whether I want to bag it, or just drop it a little and put a peppy small block in it. They would cost probably about the same but they have their pros and cons I guess. If I bag it, I can keep the good gas mileage of the v6, and still have bags, but I have always wanted a fast vehicle and I would love to have a fast truck, esp. since its an s-10. I think the speed would be well worth the extra gas money. I am going to also post this message in the baggin it forum to see what those guys think. Please give me your opinions of what you think I should do.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd swap in a V8...but I'm biased because I couldn't care less about having bags. Depending on the V8 you swap in, the gas mileage might not be that different.

·
Auto Painting Member
435 Posts
I was the exact same as you. Bags, or V-8????? Since I took want a fast vehicle again, I opted for the 8. With the v8, i'm going to still lower it a little, so you still have the nice stance, and of corse the V8 power! ...or you can go with both like some people, but i dont see the point at all...

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Your sitting at a stop light, a 4 cyl bagged truck is looking over at you bouncing up and down, the light turns green. Now what you want more? Put your foot to the floor and go sideways for days :)

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
i just got bagged, and its fun it handles nice, rides nice, but speed is also a good thing to have, but for me a 4.3 is fine for now, if you had a 4 banger i would tell you to start pulling. have fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts