S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a very big decision coming up for this winter and i'm about out of time to decide. I am definetly doing the body work to my truck, but I can't decide whether I want to bag it, or just drop it a little and put a peppy small block in it. They would cost probably about the same but they have their pros and cons I guess. If I bag it, I can keep the good gas mileage of the v6, and still have bags, but I have always wanted a fast vehicle and I would love to have a fast truck, esp. since its an s-10. I think the speed would be well worth the extra gas money. I am going to also post this message in the v8 discussion forum to see what those guys think. Please give me your opinions of what you think I should do.

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NoCODs said:
i'd say v8, 2/3 static drop
Thats exactly what I was thinking. :racing:

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
if you do bag it first, make sure you install a set of 244 (2600) or 2b7s type bags, so that you would be able to lift the front alot easier when you would install the V8 later.

but my vote is for bags, hell you all ready have a V6, you should be glad you dont have freakin 4 banger like most of us!

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
98layinframe said:
if you do bag it first, make sure you install a set of 244 (2600) or 2b7s type bags, so that you would be able to lift the front alot easier when you would install the V8 later.
you mean 224s?

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The v6 has low miles, but it needs a little work to get it running better. The truck is just sitting right now.

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Diablo said:
eh, I wish I'd stuck with my v6, but now I got my v8 and bags.. but i'm happy soda. lol
What is your reason for wishing that you would have kept the v6?

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
well...i think the bags would be alot cheaper and easier to do...even if you think theyll cost about the same now....id imagine that puttin in a v8 would cost AT LEAST 3-4000 when its all said and done, and bags would cost about 2000.

i guess its your decision...but i was savin up for a v8, and now all i can think about is bags, so if the v6 has low miles i say just bag it and replace the motor when that time comes, otherwise youre kinda wasting it

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
true, i have been checking on prices and I came up with about 3000 for the v8, about 2000 for bags. I wish I could just decide!

·
HUHH
751 Posts
i did the v8 swap first, now i really wished i woulda done bags first, i say bag it. realy v8 isnt all that great fast, bad mpg loud an lots of tickets

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
It all depends...nobody is gonna be able to answer this one for you. I first bagged my truck, then, when the tranny blew, took it as an opportunity to do the motor swap. Either way you go, you're gonna take more time than you thought, and spend more money than you thought. If my tranny hadn't dropped on me, I'd still probably be rollin the 4-banger, but the 355 is sooooo much fun. Remember too, that whatever bag setup you choose is will need to compliment the new found power of the small block...over axle and a monoleaf won't cut it, and, realistically, most of the bolt in kits wont either. Just make sure and plan the whole project out as a whole, not a bag setup independent of the suspension, or vice-versa...

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
About that lever setup that I posted, would that be ok with the v8?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts