S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beer, Bait and Ammo
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there one that anyone knows of that can handle at least 350hp and that is shorter than a 2002 axel?

or should i just shorten mine and beef it up? <---how much would that cost?

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
If you're going to run slicks/get traction, buy and then narrow a 9" ford, 8 3/4 chry, or a 12 bolt chev. rear and never worry about it again. It cost me $1950 to narrow a 9" and get it in the truck. That covered everthing from the locker to the brakes etc. If you're going to use street tires the stock rear will hold up.

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
yeah, like rhansen said, buy and narrow a ford 9 inch, throw a locker or a spool in it, some good axles, and never worry about it, if you plan on running slicks, its going to destroy your stock rear, and i dont know of a direct fit shorter axle to answer your first question

·
zippy
733 Posts
not much is really going to be shorter than a stock 2wd s10. i'd use an 8.5 from a second gen f-body and shorten it. just curious, why do you want it shortened?

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
22X11's? those should fit on a stock axle with correct back spacing... thats like a 305 width

as for narrowed axle there arent any direct bolt ins... and there is a company i have read about making cuistom ford 9's to fit any application for like 750 -1000 complete.. thats pretty much as cheap and strong as can be had

1 - 8 of 8 Posts