S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will i have to shorten the rear end after i install my three-link??? I havent read anythign about it so im assuming nobody has!!!!

Thanks

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
im guessing you have a late model sonoma. please include vehicle info next time. no, you will be fine. just place the axle in the right place and everything will work. lata

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup its a 97 5 speed 4.3--> i wonder if it will still be advantageous to do thid anyway to allow the axle some playing ariound room???

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
well your not goin to be doing much driving with it slammed, so...my 96 ext cab doesnt have any problems with the driveshaft tho..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok cool thanks for your help, like right now my drive shaft is "forced" into teh back of the tranny and it causes the back of the tranny as well as the rearend to leak(stupid little seal) so im wondering with the extra lift/drop if it will make this worse or not, i wonder if it will also not allow the rear end to completely drop because it is merely the drive shaft holding it up!!!

But i guess if yours is fine my should be alright too!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah its jammed in there i cant even move it back and forth at all, right now i ve got ZQ8 and threen inch block in the back

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
hmm wtf is up with that...im guessing standard cab..if it is hit down, it will be very bad if you bag it...hmm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts