S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Prefer Payne
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a 2000 ext. cab with a 2.2l. I was thinking about cutting out about a foot of my exhaust before my muffler and moved it forwards and then removing the peice that goes over the rear axle and then just running the exhaust out right in front of the rear tire. do you guys think that would be a good idea or just a waste of my time. i figured it would reduce back pressure but not too much cause i am still running a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
The muffler is what causes back pressure most,not the piping. You won't gain anything if you're still using the stock muffler. Just get an exhaust shop to put something on for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
its been done before. I recall seeing some picture of someone runing their exhaust just in front of the rear tire.

·
I Prefer Payne
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. thanks guys. if its not causing much back pressure from the muffler back, ill just wait till my exhaust goes bad to mess with it.

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
#1. its a 2.2l, removing pipe to shorten it wont do anything but cost you money.

#2 you wont gain any performance out of it, maybe 0.01% gain.. its a 2.2 its not hurting anything by leaving it stock.

#3, its a 2.2 no you cant make it sound like a cammed v8

the ONLY thing that you will gain from that, is the exhaust will be louder, if you have a turndown, as its under the bed

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
i ran mine between the leaf and frame on my first gen 4x4 works great sounds decent to with no cat and a dynamax muffler though

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
heres a couple pics if your interested

1 - 7 of 7 Posts