S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Been there Done it
12,474 Posts
Which will include needing a longer driveshaft, longer wiring, longer exhaust, longer brake lines, you'll need to relocate the fuel tank which will require longer fuel lines, etc.

Reactions: Nigel Mahood

·
Registered
980 Posts
S10's are relatively plentiful. I'd say sell it and get the one you want - it's going to be way less work, and faster this way, and you can probably sell your truck for about the same money as pay for someone else's. I suppose that if you want a crew-cab long-bed, that was never an option with these trucks, so for that, you could move to a C/K 2500 crew cab long bed. Or for way more effort, chop the back half off a regular-cab long-bed at the front of the bed and weld it to your truck. But you'll probably have a hard time selling it after that.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm looking to do something similar with my crew except I want to use the stepside bed I have stored at the shop, I think it'll look better than fleetside.
Then take the tiny crew bed and put it behind a regular cab. Superlong and supershort.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm looking to do something similar with my crew except I want to use the stepside bed I have stored at the shop, I think it'll look better than fleetside.
Then take the tiny crew bed and put it behind a regular cab. Superlong and supershort.
If you've got both those trucks, and insist on doing this, then I think you'll want to chop both the frames right behind the cab and swap the whole rear ends between the two. You're going to need to take some careful measurements to get the frame and axle angles aligned afterward as well as adding box-section reinforcement where you chop the frames. It's going to be a whole bunch of cuttting and welding and drive-shaft modifications and wiring reconnecting, etc. but it can be done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
S10's are relatively plentiful. I'd say sell it and get the one you want - it's going to be way less work, and faster this way, and you can probably sell your truck for about the same money as pay for someone else's. I suppose that if you want a crew-cab long-bed, that was never an option with these trucks, so for that, you could move to a C/K 2500 crew cab long bed. Or for way more effort, chop the back half off a regular-cab long-bed at the front of the bed and weld it to your truck. But you'll probably have a hard time selling it after that.
Thank you, way too much work involved, I'm going to keep it as is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts