S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
chief slapaho
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody knows that you can find products on Ebay for the fraction of the price of what you would pay elsewhere. But, most products on Ebay do not come with a warranty. Right now I am considering buying the JL W7 or the JLW6V2 and a JL 1000 watt or 500 watt amp. I just wanted to know if anyone has purchased these items from ebay and if saving a few hundred dollars is worth not having a warranty.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Its up to you really.

Sometimes things just go wrong for no reason. Then your SOL.
But most of the time, things work right. :)

I purchased my PPI pcx-280 off Ebay, havent used it yet though.

I'd shop around some car audio forums looking for deals, and then, if you still cant find what you want, go to www.sounddomain.com/shop and see if they have it. If they do, find another site thats cheaper, and have them pricematch.

However, since JL is extremely strict on no internet sales, you wont be able to do that.

Altho, if you want JL, check out some audio forums, like www.elitecaraudio.com or www.caraudioforum.com for some deals.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
me myself actually just purchased all jl equipment off ebay for my setup. it was 2 10w6v2's,1000/1,300/4,jl 650csi components and i save a bunch of money. everything i got was still sealed and brand new. if u want these i can give u the guys name and u can get from him for a excellent deal. pm me

·
At least it turns fast
1,190 Posts
I purchased a "blown" amp on ebay for like $10. It turned out to be a bad transistor ($2), I sold it for $130.

I have purchased many good audio componets off of ebay without any problems. But if you do find the new one that has a defect or something, your screwed.

·
She loves when I go low
582 Posts
i bought my w7's and 1000/1's off ebay. Its much cheaper and everything worked great. I would not worry about the warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts