S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for shocks for a 95 s10 pickup 2wd with 2' drop spindles and 3; drop blocks rear looking to put new shocks I have bell tech now but not happy need more ideas

·
Compliance!
5,150 Posts
Which BT's did you get? Are they relatively new shocks? Are they for a lowered suspension or stock suspension? Spindles and blocks don't change the shock mount distances, so stock lengths are fine on your truck. Belltech is usually pretty popular for the lowered crowd, as are Bilsteins. I put some basic ACDelco's on mine recently from Rockauto and very happy with them, but I'm all stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which BT's did you get? Are they relatively new shocks? Are they for a lowered suspension or stock suspension? Spindles and blocks don't change the shock mount distances, so stock lengths are fine on your truck. Belltech is usually pretty popular for the lowered crowd, as are Bilsteins. I put some basic ACDelco's on mine recently from Rockauto and very happy with them, but I'm all stock.
I got lowering shocks

·
Compliance!
5,150 Posts
Hmmm, that may be why you are not very happy with them then. Lowering shocks, if I remember correctly, are valved differently, they are shorter to compensate for the changes in geometry, and have different amounts of travel compared to stock shocks. I've been out of the lowering stuff for a few years now. You might be much happier if you get some stock length shocks for your truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, that may be why you are not very happy with them then. Lowering shocks, if I remember correctly, are valved differently, they are shorter to compensate for the changes in geometry, and have different amounts of travel compared to stock shocks. I've been out of the lowering stuff for a few years now. You might be much happier if you get some stock shocks for your truck.
SO I SHOULD GO WITH A GOOD FACTORY SHOCK

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,143 Posts
HEY...DITCH THE CAP LOCK.

·
Registered
2002 S10 LS Extra Cab 4.3L 2WD. 2/3 drop
42 Posts
I'm looking for shocks for a 95 s10 pickup 2wd with 2' drop spindles and 3; drop blocks rear looking to put new shocks I have bell tech now but not happy need more ideas
My question is, what are you not happy about with the Belltech's performance? I too have a 2/3 drop on a 2002 X-Cab and was about to put the Belltech Street Performance shock in the cart to purchase.I realize I can stay with "stock" shocks, but thought the lowered version might be better. I'm now thinking of going with their "non lowered" version.
UPDATE: 1.13.21 To heck with it, I just pulled the trigger!

·
Compliance!
5,150 Posts
There is no reason to buy lowered shocks if your shock mount distances have not changed (using spindles and blocks). Stock length shocks and shocks meant for lowered vehicles are not the same (see above). He was probably unhappy because he bought the wrong shocks for his application (also see above), and they are not performing the way they are supposed to. I hope you did not buy the incorrect shocks as well, even after reading this thread or doing a search in the forum for topics regarding appropriate shocks for your drop.

The BT Street Performance shocks are popular among folks on this forum, just make sure you buy the right ones for your suspension.

·
Registered
2002 S10 LS Extra Cab 4.3L 2WD. 2/3 drop
42 Posts
There is no reason to buy lowered shocks if your shock mount distances have not changed (using spindles and blocks). Stock length shocks and shocks meant for lowered vehicles are not the same (see above). He was probably unhappy because he bought the wrong shocks for his application (also see above), and they are not performing the way they are supposed to. I hope you did not buy the incorrect shocks as well, even after reading this thread or doing a search in the forum for topics regarding appropriate shocks for your drop.

The BT Street Performance shocks are popular among folks on this forum, just make sure you buy the right ones for your suspension.
Thanks Neil.
I bought the kit: Performance Shock Kit 9522. I saw 4 shocks and the needed hardware as a package, looked at the ride height and it says "Stock/Lowered". Then looking through the applications it indicates for vehicles lowered up to 3". Maybe I misinterpreted the "Stock/Lowered" part? [email protected]#n...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts