S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lease is up in 2004
343 Posts
If U haven't already ordered the bags. You might want to go with a Slam Specialties 6" RS bag. I have them in my Blazer X and they Ride awsome. I had 2500 Lbs. Firestones and they rode a little stiff. Plus the Slam Bag gives U about 3" more total lift. As far as shocks go I went to Murrays and just bought Monroe shocks that fit the Size I needed. (compressed length, etc.) I would have to say the ride is very simlar to the factory X ride.

http://www.lowpsi.com

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the firestones are already bought and paid for :)....here's my kit so far...firestones 2500's up front, air-lift bolt on shock relocators, air lift slam-air rear kit, viair 300, 3gal tank, 1/4" line, Dual paddles. And nobody give me any **** about the 1/4" line...I know it's gonna be slow, but I got a helluva deal on the whole setup, realy couldn't pass it up. I'll probably be upgrading lines and valves by the end of the summer.....

Where'd you order your monroes from...or did you just go down to your local parts store?

·
Registered
222 Posts
yeah doug you did get a hella good deal fool...you told me though you dind't want fast right now and that isn't fast but it works and is cheap.....should have the first shipment sent out soon....

joshey

·
Registered
222 Posts
sweet deal glad you got the shock deal takne care of....oh and no problemo jsuty glad i could help out.....

joshey

·
Lease is up in 2004
343 Posts
Weld those Shock relocators on. As a bolt on kit they use self taping screw to attach it to the frame. I had them Back out after a few hundred miles. Now they are welded so they not going to come out any more. As far as the shocks go I just went down to the parts store and looked in the back of the monroe catalog to find the right sized shocks.

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
low...thanks for the info. My buddy's mig should be showing up here any day now, so I probably will weld it into place. BTW, nice job on your Blazer...looks killer. I was looking at the pics of your notch...was that a kit or did you fab that yourself? It looked like the outter plates were tapped with bolt holes....

·
Lease is up in 2004
343 Posts
Yeh the Notch is from PIK Fabrications. It is a bolt on. But It doesn't have rear plates so I welded it in place. On the Blazer, I had to bend th c notch becasue the frame has an bend in it where the notch has to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts