S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the bags with the shock through the middle? If so how is it as far as controlling body roll and hard cornering? Better then the standard bag set up? How much did it cost?
Thanx.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
hey shockwave whats up!! what year is your truck, and how does it mount? stud/eye, or spherical bearings, or eye/eye? let me know i could possibly tell you with the info you give me, or e-mail me at [email protected], peace and keep it real.

steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey look for the one with the adjustable shock i hear they are the best,Thats were i seen them,,,, just click the airride box at the top of the screen they show one one there website...

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
I have the shockwaves with the adj HAL shock, Ride they are top notch but you do not get much travel with them at all!! and mine are 2 years old and are starting to make noise!!! anyway if you have any questions ask away I have had alot of problems with mine But Hey if they cost $300 not $1,000 they would be worth it! just my .02

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
i heard they were pretty good but not much travel. I also heard that u had to do a lot more cutting to get them to fit. not sure on that though. I went with the coolride set up because you get more lift and you can get shock relocators so you still get good ride.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Cut more out you say? how about the whole frame :D

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Ha I forgot to mention In that pic the shockwave is not all the way up and yes that is how big it has to be. Air ride tech. said 4.5" up on the frame needs removed. I thought they where kidding :D untill I put it in! but the hole where my air line is does not need to be there!! so yea the hole will be a bit smaller then mine he he

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
oh yea I had a peice of 1/4" steel bent to the new shape and welded in , it looks like a stock frame now!!

I cut the hole for the airline so big because I am planning on running 5/8" line soon.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
sorta The fitting hits the upper part of the frame so it need removed to clear any type of fitting 90 degree or strait. it is a bad design but the new shockwaves do not have that problem.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
this is how I fixed the hole!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts