S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Black/Green Billet Sheen.
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TIRE RUBBING MAKES ME LOSE IT.

Well....I think I might just keep the dime for a little while longer.

The problem is that the front is lowered 3 inches (SUPPOSEDLY) with 2 inch spindles and what I believe to be 1 inch springs or stock 2.8v6 springs (was on truck). The truck has a V8 and it sits WWAY lower than a 3 inch drop. probably closer to 4-4.5. It currently has belltech nitro shocks. It looks great

I have 245/40/18 toyos on my 18 inch boyds. They rub my inner fenderwells pretty bad on dips in the road. It is definitely worse with two people in the truck.

My question: would different shocks make a difference in the rubbing? I was thinking edelbrock IAS. These belltechs are pretty shitty, and I have a feeling that they must be toast. They ride like crap, and handle worse.

Would I be better off also just getting a set of new stock height V6 s-10 springs with new shocks? I love the way it looks right now, but it simply isn't drivable. Maybe I'll try new shocks and then go back to stock springs.......I don't know. Any suggestions?
Thanks guys.

·
'95 Dime
557 Posts
I'd recommend a different tire. Maybe 235/40 or even 225/40.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Shocks may help, but i don't think this is going to be your solution. I would go to stiffer springs and shocks to match.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Stiff shocks would help a little, but if the truck is just way to low, theres nothing a shock can do no matter how harsh they are. Maybe take a closer look at the springs to see if they look like a factory spring that may of been heated to drop it, or if they in fact after market there should be item number painted on somewhere to help define what they are.

Due to the extra weight of the V8, the truck is going to drop about 1" more then the rated drop on the springs should be. If it were up to me, i'd pick up a new or used set of stock V6 springs from a member on here and throw them in there.. it would if nothing else give you a base line as to what height the truck would sit at with only the spindles in there. If they lift the truck to far, then you will know how what drop spring you would want to buy.

·
Black/Green Billet Sheen.
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98layinframe said:
Stiff shocks would help a little, but if the truck is just way to low, theres nothing a shock can do no matter how harsh they are. Maybe take a closer look at the springs to see if they look like a factory spring that may of been heated to drop it, or if they in fact after market there should be item number painted on somewhere to help define what they are.

Due to the extra weight of the V8, the truck is going to drop about 1" more then the rated drop on the springs should be. If it were up to me, i'd pick up a new or used set of stock V6 springs from a member on here and throw them in there.. it would if nothing else give you a base line as to what height the truck would sit at with only the spindles in there. If they lift the truck to far, then you will know how what drop spring you would want to buy.
hmm.. good advice. I may just do that. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
ok ok ok i need help i was puttin the springs back on my truck (removing all the bags) an i can't get the shocks to go in. but the springs i had before lowered me past my bump stops. i know that cause it always smashed them off. so do i really need springs. and also i was riding with bad shocks for about 6 months could this hurt my truck or just the ride?

i kinda need a answer asap due to day light

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
slammed03s_dime said:
ok ok ok i need help i was puttin the springs back on my truck (removing all the bags) an i can't get the shocks to go in. but the springs i had before lowered me past my bump stops. i know that cause it always smashed them off. so do i really need springs. and also i was riding with bad shocks for about 6 months could this hurt my truck or just the ride?

i kinda need a answer asap due to day light
Where are you having issues getting the shocks to go back in?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Southern said:
Where are you having issues getting the shocks to go back in?

yea dude them beothes wont an don't wanna go in. but o well its put back together with some bump stops in. i will fix it another day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts