S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you all recommend running shocks up front? I know there are some people on here that run them and there are some that dont... could I get the Pros and cons of running them Vs. not running them.

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive read there are no pros and cons on why or why not to run shocks... anyone have a PERSONAL opinion on this subject?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Rides like a boat, and handles like shit with no shocks. The ride isn't terrible but its oh so much better with shocks.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
There is a post in the baggin'101 sticky under the flash presentation about shocks. Did ya read that one yet??

Personally... i Hate the ride without shocks. The reason I wanted bags was to be as close the ground as possible, and without shocks, that becomes quite a task, cuz I start bouncin all over the road when I hit a bump, cuz i'll bounce off the ground.

·
Lets go RED WINGS
469 Posts
Right now I dont have shocks in the front. Its something I can live with for now but its definitely on my list when it gets put up this winter. I cant ride very low in the front because I bottom out like slammed said. The only disadvantage of shocks in front is a small loss in turning radius... but its definitely worth it after riding in a truck w/ shocks in front. (my friends)

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
i love the ride of my truck with shocks, drove it around the block as soon as it was bagged, but before the relocators were welded on... hated it, the bouncey wavey ride sucked.

just weld the relocaters on, you will be much happier!

·
Registered
432 Posts
i didn't feel safe driving my truck without shocks. there's this one part of the freeway near my house that curves and right in the middle of the curve is a big dip. when i hit my truck would bounce and sway so much. i don't have a sway bar either but as soon as i put shocks on it was soooo much better

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
I've heard others say that shocks will only slow down the hopping. I don't know about that, if I wanted to hop I'd get dros, but yea, if you can, do get shocks...

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
My blazer has no shocks in front and shitty ones in back and I hate it more then anything. Having no shocks is one of the main reasons its parked..that and leaky lines that i'm to lazy to fix. Shocks are a must...

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
shocks are great. I drove my truck for about 8 months without shocks then I spent $30 and bought shocks. Welded them on and it is GREAT!! My girlfriend always comments and says she wishes her 98 Couger rode as good as my truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts