S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about doing a 3/4 drop on my 02 s10 ext cab. If i do 2"spindles with a 1"coil will I still have to put drop shocks on the front? And are stock shocks still good on the rear with blocks?

·
nva2low
947 Posts
when you order the shocks make sure you order shocks for 0-2" drop since your using a 1' coil..dont trick yourself on buyin shocks for a 3-5 drop..yes you are lowering your truck 3" up front but your only shortening the coil 1"..i made this mistake lol..belltech nittro 2s are the best shocks btw

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
slamthiz are you having trouble with you nittros in the rear. Cause i got 6 inch drop in the back and rides rougher than a surfboard.

·
Under Construcktion!
372 Posts
mm not that i can notice. it takes bumps smoothly. and since i just notched it rides a lot better. have u checked your axle clearance?

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
axel clearence is pretty short maybe an inch or 2. So you installed the bolt in c notch? from SD? would they be easy to make yourself?

so the truck takes bumps alot better now with your notch?

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,613 Posts
yeah notches are easy to make yourself, I have one made from 1/4" thick pipe. Do you marks on your frame where the axle hits it? If not you might have the 0"-3" shocks and you're bottoming out on those.. I thought they were suppose to cover 3" leafs but maybe not?

·
Can't fly when your High
139 Posts
i know my shocks are for a 6 inch drop. I ofter wondered that myself. If i make the notches myself would i need the plates that bolt onto the side of the frame rail? I'm thinking i might. i wish i could get plans so i know how exactly to make them. We got a metal fab shop close to our shop so getting material will be no problem. anyone have a blue print of a bolt in notch?

·
Under Construcktion!
372 Posts
i bought my bolt on in the classifieds here and only paid 50 bucks shipped and it took maybe and hour or two to get it done

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,613 Posts
If i make the notches myself would i need the plates that bolt onto the side of the frame rail? I'm thinking i might. i wish i could get plans so i know how exactly to make them.
You can, it'll strengthen the frame.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You can run stock shocks all the way around if your doing Spindles 1" springs and blocks.

Ive been running monroe sensa-trac shocks and it rides great. If its cheaper then just go down to the auto parts store and buy some to go with your drop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts